cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Airplane mode enabled randomly - Still in ALL releases - aka CDMA lockup, Stuck Up Arrow. There is no 100% effective solution for everyone. Phones have a defect that prevents making and receiving calls without warning. Reboot recovers it.

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: Airplane mode enabled randomly

I am also a sprint customer with the Samsung Moment who is having this "airplane mode" issue. Just posting to get the issue addressed. Also, while in "airplane mode," the phone sometimes freezes up and will not respond to any key pressed, the only way to temporarily fix it is to take the battery out and start the phone back up.

Another issue that I am experiencing is with one of the security features. I set up the unlock pattern feature where you connect four of the dots to unlock the phone. The problem is whenever I unlock it, my phone dials 911 about 8/10 times! This is a major issue considering the fact that these calls show up on the phone bill.

Hopefully this message gets to someone important to address these problems.

The 911 dialing issue has been fixed in the latest software update.  See the post titled "Samsung Moment CL14 Maintenance Release"

Highlighted
Journeyman

The device managemen team is aware of this issue; the problem has been reported and Samsung is working on a fix.

Journeyman

This is a serious problem they have known about since the Moment came out in November, it's almost February! Where's the fix???

Message was edited by: FunkyTrunk

Wizard

Could be coincidental, but my Moment hasn't gone into airplane mode since I got the MR last week.

Journeyman

I got the same problem.. Happened a couple hours after I got the phone, I reset the battery and it went back to normal. Used it the next day now its stuck and wont go out. Did the factory reset and tried even a full wipe or something like that that the support tech told me to do, still nothing. Crappy phone.

Journeyman

Sprint and Samsung continue to investigate this airplane mode issue and determine the root cause.

Upgrade to CL14

Please make sure you device is upgraded to the CL14 (MR1) which fixed two known root causes:

• a problem on the chipset was found to have caused the device to go into airplane mode, and CL14 contains a patch from Qualcomm to address this.
  • Keyguard UI modification to help prevent accidental airplane mode activation.

Have the upgrade and still having airplane mode problems?

• Troubleshoot tip: Remove and reinsert the battery - this may temporarily resolve the problem.

Message was edited by: izzyks

Journeyman

I'd like to report that this just happened to me on my phone. I originally had the problem on my launch phone, replaced that before the 30 days were up. I haven't had that issue until now. I upgraded to CL14 last week. I just had the airplane mode enable itself.

Patron

Well, just after I completed this post, I tried using my phone, thinking, "Man, it's been a quiet morning." and found that my phone was in weird airplane mode.  I tried toggling radios to see if I could recover it since that worked once before post-CL14, but it didn't recover until I power cycled (using the power button).  That's when 4 hours of texts finally came through. One-sided SMS conversations sure don't make any sense....

Glad to see that Samsung's working on this, and "Thanks" to the Admins on the site that are keeping us informed.

Journeyman

I've also had this happen, twice, since the CL14 update.

Journeyman

Mine has the MR and it still has this problem.  Run Pandora for more than 20 minutes and you'll get one of two results:

1. EVDO data stops working.  The up arrow will come on, but never both arrows.  Opening the web browser will confirm that data is no longer working.  The only fix for this is power cycling or turning Wifi on and connecting to an access point and then turning wifi back off, the wifi solution works sometimes but not every time.

2. Airplane mode.

Do not consider the MR (CL14) a fix, it didn't fix this issue at all.  Sprint, please consider this phone as broken as the day it came out.

Journeyman

AmazingLarry, I don't recall seeing the 'entering airplace mode at random' on the list of bugs fixed with the CL14 release. They recognise the issue and should be working on fixing it nowm however. As for Pandora, it's entirely possible that is a bug with Pandora itself, though that may be unlikely. CL14 did fix a good deal of things, like aGPS, and I think we should applaud Sprint for supporting our phones and encourage them to do more for us, rather than blatantly snub their attempt and call them failures.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat