cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Airplane mode enabled randomly - Still in ALL releases - aka CDMA lockup, Stuck Up Arrow. There is no 100% effective solution for everyone. Phones have a defect that prevents making and receiving calls without warning. Reboot recovers it.

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: irony

Have you not learned a lesson? Do not buy anything as soon as it comes out.

Do not keep a hardware that is not doing what it is supposed to do. Return all your Moments to Sprint.

If they get all Samsung Moments returned to them then they will think twice about not fixing the issue.

As for me I ran into the airport issue on my 2 Samsung Moments phones and exchanged them for HTC Hero within my 30 day period  (2 months back). I also thought about waiting for Android update, that it might fix the issue but thought what if it does not? I am very glad I did the switch.

Again to all of you who have the Samsung Moment I suggest you call Sprint support and tell them that this is unacceptable and that you want the phone replaced. Ask them to exchange the phone under 1 hyear warranty. Even if Sprint is exchanging one Moment for another Moment, if they get enough of this from customers then they will fix it. One thing is sure, Sprint will not do anything if all you do is post a reply here.

Let them know that the issue is causing you pain, have them feel some of it.

NR

Sprint Product Ambassador

Hi!

We are working on collecing more information to  help troubleshoot this.  I've created a quick form to collect this data  - please, if you are experiencing unwanted Airplane Mode on your  Samsung Moment, take a moment and fill in this doc:

http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dGRwNE9kZnVFVDlhM1hTLUhmQ2ItcXc6MQ

Thank  you,

Will

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: Airplane mode enabled randomly - Still in 2.1

We were asked to help collect data about this issue.  Please see this post  - http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/175496#175496

Patron

Looks like using Bluetooth a lot can increase the occurrence for me.

No Wifi, no bluetooth: once a week

No Wifi, bluetooth: once a day

Wifi, no bluetooth: once every few hours

Journeyman

Hello sorry to hear about your problem. My first moment went into airplane mode atleast 4 times a day but after getting my first replacement i have not had this issue. Not all moments have this issue or the same rate of occurence. The reason this happens is because there is a problem with the signal handoff. Signal handoff is when u go from wifi to evdo(3g) or from evdo to 1x(basically 2g) or vice versa. Whether this is a hardware or software issue is unknown. The good news is the moment 2 redubbed the samsung intercept is coming out july 11 and because this is a known issue it would probably be pretty easy to get a free upgrade to the intercept. That is if u have insurance and gotten a few replacements.  

Journeyman

Re: Airplane mode enabled randomly

Thanks for all the information.  I bought the Moment today, 4 June 2010.  It went into AM (airplane mode) pretty soon after I activated WiFi and put it down for yeah, a few hours.  Could not make any calls bec/ no service was available.  I have disabled WiFi, removed the battery pack and the phone seems to be fine.  It is only 1/2 hour in though.  Now I'm angry that this seems to be such a persistent problem with the Moment, which really seems to be pretty nifty. 

Not sure when the update happened, but I assume my phone came WITH the update.  If the problem persists and Sprint does nothing about it, I suggest everyone file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and on CNET.com. 

Journeyman

I got my Samsung Moment when it came out with 1.5 (Feb 2010). I was under the impression the 2.1 upgrade would fix it but the problem is still there. Sprint honestly just needs to offer people with this problem a free upgrade to an HTC Evo and not charge the 4G fee since we've been provided faulty phones and should not have to do anything to change our plans.

Journeyman

I have had that happen I turned my phone off and took out the battery and put it back in turned it on and it worked fine. It hasn't done it again.

Journeyman

EXACTLY my issue.  This is my second Moment as well.  Having them reflash it hasn't fixed it, having them replace it hasn't fixed it.   If you go into the store, they play dumb and say "There's no known issues for this phone".  They obviously have no intent of fixing this.  I emailed them, and they basically told me "Oh, you can get a new phone...but you'll pay retail"

I'm a fairly new Sprint customer, and I am NOT impressed.

Journeyman

"Sprint honestly just needs to offer people with this problem a free  upgrade to an HTC Evo and not charge the 4G fee since we've been  provided faulty phones and should not have to do anything to change our  plans."

Here here!   I'd even settle for a free "upgrade", as in, I pay the $199 or whatever for the Evo, and renew my contract...but they aren't even willing to work with me on that!

Come on Sprint...you need to fix this.

Journeyman

My wife and I both have Moments. Hers has some problems, but not the aiirplane mode issue. I get the airplane mode problem sporadically, but frequently (she always asks me why I'm not taking her calls or aswering text msgsSmiley Happy. I bought a Hero when it came out by battery sucked so I sswitched to the Moment.. I figured if battery sucked on iit, at least I had a keyboard. I've been waiting for this upgrade for a while. I wasn't aware of this forum and every time I gooogled 'android 2.1 for moment' I got old 'rumoor' articles. I just found out today that this was available last month!! Why didn't Sprint sendd out text msgs telling all Moment owners the update was available? Did anyone get notified?

I'm getting ready to upgrade as soon as my phone charges. Bummed that this airplane mode issue isn't fixed. I read other posts that bbluetooth played into this. I just bought a Jabra bluetooth speakerphone and have random issues with it. When a call ends, the Jabra doesn't know it and keeps the calll open so neither my wife or I can make/receive calls. Sometimes my phone shows I'm conneccted to it, but I'm not and I have to power everything down. Anyone else having similar issues? Trying to figure out if I need to return the Jabra or if it's just my phone.

UGH!

Journeyman

You recently bought our phone??  Great!! My suggestion:

(1) return the phone.

(2) drop Sprint!  Go with a competitor.. Anyone else is better than Sprint

Come on Sprint!  I have had the same problem since February when I purchased the phone.. WHEN IS THIS GOING TO BE FIXED?!?!?!?

WE ARE EVEN STILL WAITING FOR 3G SERVICE HERE IN FLAGSTAFF..  STOP THE LIES THAT STATE "WE HEAR IT IS COMMING NEXT MONTH.."  SHOULD I FILE A BBB COMPLAINT?!?!?!

I am geting sick of all of this!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat