cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Airplane mode enabled randomly - Still in ALL releases - aka CDMA lockup, Stuck Up Arrow. There is no 100% effective solution for everyone. Phones have a defect that prevents making and receiving calls without warning. Reboot recovers it.

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: Airplane mode enabled randomly - Still in ALL releases - aka CDMA lockup, Stuck Up Arrow. There is no 100% effective solution for everyone. Phones have a defect that prevents making and receiving calls without warning. Reboot recovers it.

PEOPLE, PEOPLE, PEOPLE, just give up!  Unless someone is actually going to take legal action, it is pointless to complain. I haven't even tried because I see all the hassle that you all have gone through to NO avail. I am just going to wait out the remainder of my contract and then I will be rid of these phones.

Journeyman

Re: Airplane mode enabled randomly - Still in ALL releases - aka CDMA lockup, Stuck Up Arrow. There is no 100% effective solution for everyone. Phones have a defect that prevents making and receiving calls without warning. Reboot recovers it.

AGREE!! The Moment SUCKS!!!  My phone goes into "airplane mode" daily and sometimes 2 and 3 times a day w/o warning!!!  I've missed so many calls, work and personal.  I want to throw it out the window!!  I'd love to be a part of a class action suit again Samsung!!

Journeyman

Why are people still complaining about this phone?

This phone is not even being made anymore. Sprint actually has a free trade in program that started july 30 2010 for this phone to either get a hero or intercept. Some people have even been able to get a transform, lg optimus or credit towards an evo/epic and pay almost nothing.

So u people do have options u just want a reason to complain.

One tip regular customer service is not authorized to do the free trade in so u need to get a hold of executive services or advanced tech support. Also u do not need to have insurance to do the free trade in just have atleast a few trips to sprint store and or replacments on your account. O almost forgot the biggest thing, the trade in will not extend your contract either.

So i guess u guys should stop complaining to, or on the sprint forum cuz they have been doing the right thing. Y not hit up sammy and raise h e l l to them they are obviously the ones who did not want to do a recall.

Journeyman

Airplane mode enabled randomly - Still in ALL releases - aka CDMA lockup, Stuck Up Arrow. There is no 100% effective solution for everyone. Phones have a defect that prevents making and receiving calls without warning. Reboot recovers it.

Yea, let's DOWNGRADE to a lower-end phone because Sprint/Samsung can't DO THEIR JOB?  Why should WE bite the bullet when Sprint isn't even trying to satisfy their customers?  You, sir, are a shill. 

Journeyman

The intercept is not a downgrade if u look at the specs everything is same of higher. But if u and others just wanna complain instead of having a working phone then go right ahead. Also i have zero relation to sprint in any way shape or form , i'm just a customer so u sir are wrong!!!!!!

Journeyman

I've already fired sprint and moved to T-Mobile.  The G2 is AWESOME and I recommend it to everyone.  Still, I feel I must correct your misconception:

1.) The Moment has EVDO Rev A, the intercept has Rev 0

2.) The Moment has the standard resolution of 320 x 480 which developers have been developing for since the G1 first came out. The Intercept has this wacky 240 x 400 resolution that is already showing problems for apps.

3.) The Moment comes with SEPARATE charger and Data Cable

4.) The moment comes with headphones.

5.) The Moment camera has a flash for low light.

Journeyman

Also, to add to that:

The Moment has an AMOLED screen, while the Intercept does not.

Guess shills don't do very much research *cough* Barker, eh?

Gotta wait for my contract to end.....Then I may be joining the ranks of T-Mobile as well.

Journeyman

I actually took the hit on the ETF.  Sure I could have won the case in small claims, but it was only $100, so not worth the hassle.  I couldn't be happier.  Sprint was the biggest customer service nightmare I've ever dealt with.  They lost my business, and that of anyone and everyone I can find to warn away from them.  I will be sure to cost them as much as humanly possible.  Sprint hates you, and there's no reason to keep giving them your money.

What sucks is how t-mo and ATT are merging.  I don't know where I'm gonna go since Sprint is evil.  :-/

Journeyman

Barker, all Sprint offered me was an outdated Blackberry in trade or an Samsung Intrepid (WinMo 6.5), yay!!! Even after 5 Moment trades with Sprint (bought a new Moment, ended up with a still broken refurbed Moment), and even Samsung themselves sent me a refurb, with broken WIFI.  They did not offer a credit option to buy a better phone, just, "you must choose a Moment or a lesser phone, or you're stuck with what you got."  I threatened a lawsuit and was allowed out of the contract.

I had basically the same thing with Verizon right before I had Sprint, when they took over Alltel (whose service I did like), except it was the SERVICE, not the phone.  I had to actually file the lawsuit to get out of that, but sure as day did.

I didn't want anything extra from Sprint, all I wanted was a working up to date phone with service that also works.  I got a DEFECTIVE MODEL, and no support from Sprint or Samsung.  What they got was the cost of a subsidized phone which I still have, and refunds for half working service.

I'm sorry, but if I'm paying $70-$100/month for service, I expect the provider furnished equipment and the provider network to work 99.9% of the time.

I switched to nTelos (whose network Sprint uses in my area anyway), got a Moto Milestone (AKA: Droid OG) with a "slower" processor, and am happy.  I got to keep the Moment and use it as a mini tablet for my kids to play games on.  If I run the same program on both phones, the Milestone smokes the "faster" Moment anyway.

What also sucks with Sprint here in my area, is that they do use the nTelos network here exclusively.  nTelos is going LTE, so that means unless Sprint (WiMAX) changes technology, there will never be Sprint 4G in WV, even though nTelos will be and Verizon is already building their LTE network here.

Hmmm....WiMAX was such a bad idea, everyone (Including AT&T) is adopting LTE for 4G.  So unless you live in one of the Sprint test markets, you'll NEVER get 4G.  Sprint doesn't own 99.9% of the network they use, and with everyone else going LTE and Sprint peeing on Clear Communications (their 4G provider), chances are slim to none.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've had the same problem with the mysterious airplane mode affecting data and phone calls. A reboot would solve it but it was obvious there were some issues. I had purchased this phone off of eBay and spent some time upgrading it from 1.5 Cupcake to 2.1 Eclair. The latest software available for this phone from Sprint didn't fix it like everyone experienced, however I have found a solution that worked for me. Rooting your phone to 2.2 Froyo using the information on SDX Developers worked for me. There was a GPS issue but that was resolved by applying one of the fixes. Also, the battery might need to be re-calibrated.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat