cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Airplane mode enabled randomly - Still in ALL releases - aka CDMA lockup, Stuck Up Arrow. There is no 100% effective solution for everyone. Phones have a defect that prevents making and receiving calls without warning. Reboot recovers it.

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: Airplane mode enabled randomly

I uninstalled the WiFi Toggle that was installed and still had the airplane mode issue.  However, once I rebooted and turned WiFi completely off I have not had the issue (going on 3 days now).  I have not tried to use WiFi again.

Journeyman

GGGRRRRR.... My Moment goes into airplane mode EVERY night...Nothing works other then when I powercycle down (including removing the battery), it's up and running again... I've gotten into the habit of resetting myphone each morning but I would like to know how to fix it... Should I trade it in for a new one? From previous posts it seemed like that worked sometimes??  At least I know it's not just ME.

Journeyman

to soon to tell if it resolved the airplane mode issue but Android 2.1 is out for the moment.

http://shop.sprint.com/en/software_downloads/pda_smartphone/samsung_moment.shtml

Journeyman

I have already seen posts over at SDX saying the airplane mode has occured with this release. Also the EVDO lockup seen on the previous leaked 2.1 roms, where downloads just stop part way through and will only restart if you reboot the phone. I hope that is an isolated incident. It would be very frustrating to have those problems remain unresolved after this long waiting for a fix. Maybe these really are hardware issues with the phone...

Journeyman

Really?!? I went to that URL and all I see is the CL14 update. Nothing about Android 2.1 for the Moment.

Patron

irony

Day 2 of the 2.1 update....

Was using NewsRob to check feeds, hand on my heart, when I got to the AndroidCentral article that was showing Sprint's release notes for the 2.1 update, the image download made the (new) airplane mode occur.  I had hoped to see something about Airplane Mode being addressed, instead I saw that Sprint and Samsung put effort toward enhancing a third party application (Pandora).  

Personally I find it amazing that both companies have been aware of this problem affecting the primary feature of the device for months and have not found at least a workaround that they could release.   

Journeyman

Re: Guess I'm lucky

Since my last post, I went back out and found the update. Followed the prereqs., and the directions with no problems. Guess I'm one of the few lucky ones whose Moment works as advertised. Even in the Bahama's and Key West and aboard the cruise ship. I got my Moment back in March and I had the Airplane mode happen within the first week. Since then it's been great. I'm now running 2.1 update 1, per the phone, and all is well.

Only thing I noted was Facebook doesn't seem to know that the phone is a SPH-M900 like it use it. At the bottom of the page it would say "Download Facebook for your SPH-M900". Now it says "Download Facebook for your Ruth". Had to do a double take as I had an ex-girlfriend named Ruth and was wondering why Facebook would want me to download Facebook to her.

Only real annoyance at the moment is the swipe to unlock. Would much prefer the old way of hitting "menu". Other than that, I'm good. Then again, I had no issues with 1.5 either being a newbie and all to Android.

Best of luck to you.

Journeyman

Re: Airplane mode enabled randomly - Still in 2.1

I have had the same problem for a very long time. I got my 1st moment and within a couple of days it started doing this. It was bad I had to reboot the phone like 5x a day! I took it back they did an update on it and lady said it would be fine. I get home at like 4pm. It wasn't even 9pm that night and it started again. I took it back they gave me a new one. I've had the new one for about 3 weeks and it started acting up again. I'm taking it back and getting a different phone. I'm done playing the lottery with my phone like "will it work or won't it" everyday. [Sidenote: still on android 1.5 afraid to upgrade.]

Journeyman

The new adroid update was suppose to help fix this issue. Before you replace our phone, you might want to try and upgrade to see if this alleviates the problem.

Journeyman

My suggestion too.  A good test case for the 2.1 airplane bug.

Patron

swap? Re: Airplane mode enabled randomly - Still in 2.1

IzzyKS,

What is the recommendation for those of us that still have the problem with 2.1?

Journeyman

Re: swap? Re: Airplane mode enabled randomly - Still in 2.1

I don't know about anyone else but if the phone is still not reliable after waiting patiently for 6 months for a fix then either Sprint will let me swap to the Evo or I get a Verizon Droid.

jv

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat