cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 2.1 (DE03) Update is Out - Download Info Here

Highlighted
Journeyman

Android 2.1 (DE03) Update is Out - Download Info Here

Download Instructions are here: http://www6.sprint.com/downloads/samsung/pdfs/SamsungMomentUpdateInstructions.pdf

Download the Installer here: http://www6.sprint.com/downloads/samsung/executables/SamsungMoment_Update.exe

Fun fact: The Instructions are dated 5/14/2010, tomorrow. Looks like we're getting a gift from the future!

Thanks to chrisfeltdrum from the SDX forums for discovering this before Sprint could even post the updating instructions

21 REPLIES 21
Journeyman

Re: DE03 Update is Out!

Sorry, beat you by three minutes

Journeyman

Android 2.1 (DE03) Update is Out!

Yea, I don't claim to be first. Another SDX forum member found the update before Sprint even updated the page. It'll say it's an ~87meg download file but when you start it's close to 101.

Another tidbit is that the Instructions are dated 5-14-2010. Looks like Sprint wasn't planning on letting everyone know until tomorrow. If you're looking to be on the bleeding edge of the update, follow the SDX news here.

Enjoy Eclair everyone

Journeyman

Re: Android 2.1 (DE03) Update is Out!

Good luck folks.  Hopefully our poor little HERO's will get it soon as well.

Journeyman

I can't seem to access the instructions, although I downloaded the update fine. I've tried in Google Chrome and I.E. Can you cut and paste the instructions? (I wonder whether Sprint disabled the link.)

Journeyman

Never mind. I got it finally.

Journeyman

Attached. 

Journeyman

I just got my phones last week so didnt have to sweat the upgrade wait. I did my moment, Going to do wifes soon then sons. Fairly painless. It does seem quicker but haven't had a chance to play a lot. Thanks for the links!

Journeyman

Re: Android 2.1 (DE03) Update is Out - Download Info Here

This is awesome, to have the update a DAY EARLY! I've already flashed my phone with wonder Android 2.1 goodness that is official (SDX you still rock though!). I'm updating my apps as we speak. My only issue is that the phone is running a little hot now. Could be from all the excitement. I'm installing Startup Advisor to kill most of the problem apps, and TasKiller will get the rest.

Sprint team, THANK YOU for giving us this update early.

Journeyman

phefner79 wrote:

Sprint team, THANK YOU for giving us this update early.

Believe me they did NOT want you to get this early.

Journeyman

PLEASE can anybody help me right now? i have a mac, and i can't get this update right now because sprint is just gay like that and doesnt have a mac version of their software... does ANYONE know when this is coming to the moment OVA??? (over the air?!)

Journeyman

Obviously this is not official but from what i have seen/heard this will not be available OTA. However, you can take your phone to a sprint store (after the "official" release) and they should be able to do it there. You may have to find a store that is also a repair facility. But, that should solve the issue.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat