cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 2.1 Update

Highlighted
Journeyman

Android 2.1 Update

When is the android market 2.1 upgrade going to be available?

I talked to a sprint dealer at RadioShack 2 days ago and she

told me it was available. Then I got home only to realize that,

of course, Sprint didn't have it....still.

40 REPLIES 40
Journeyman

Re: Android 2.1 Update

Apparently never.

Wizard

We're still waiting for the finalized date and will post as soon as we have it.

Journeyman

Will we be advised about the date and any important details prior to it happening or will it drop and details be provided at the same time?

Journeyman

I am sorry to say this, but the admin credibility on here is shot, and it will take a while to regain it.  I was nice however and did not mention those of you by name that have proven to be so distrustful when I contacted Mr. Johnson.

Master

Grow up and quit being so disrespectful! Sarah, Will and Izzy have told us all they can, More then they were supposed to. What do you want them to say? They DON'T KNOW anymore then you or I as to EXACTLY when it will be available. If you continue to be disrespectful when you really need them for help they won't be there for you. If I was the one moderating this forum I would put temporary bans on your accounts, Delete all the threads that even mention 2.1 and start over, You guys are making the forum un-useful to those who come here looking for legitimate information pertaining to it.

Journeyman

This whole debacle has become humorous! Of course I can find humor because Your agreement with us will be completed on Wed Jun 02 00:00:00 CDT 2010.

Journeyman

I am sorry this is not the military.  To get respect you have to earn it, and when you do the things that have happened over the last 24 hours on this forum they have lost all that respect.

As for making the forum un useful, that is most accomplished by those trying to silence others.

Journeyman

Lonnie,

You know I respect you man, but this is a situation where an ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure. The Admins all indicated that more details would be available when we got closer and rather than offering any news, even if it was the same recycled bits, they disappeared. That would have headed a lot of this off.

So people started posting questions about the update and links to rumors about 2.1. All of that could have been prevented if Sprint would just be more forthcoming with information. Backlash should be expected when people post threads that are suddenly deemed too frequently posted and deleted and/or locked. It gives the appearance that they are trying to burry any mention of it to make it go away and censoring anyone who brings it up. People are already angry over the lack of information and/or an update. Effectively silencing those that dare ask the same question--when we have many other topics that are beat to death too--is only going to make matters worse.

Patron

They are really trying to say shut up to us , the good thing we can do is that we all don't use this forum at all , let them remove every threads and post comments for no viewers!

http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/30646?tstart=0

Journeyman

This is all pretty much garbage. Sprint is sick of everyone complaining and asking for the update, so instead of just addressing the issue they are deleting the threads. Which really makes no difference anyways because there are plenty of other websites that are just going to continue the rumors and Sprint has no control over those. They could easily have control by giving their customers info, but apparently Android 2.1 is some top secret covert operation! Ha! Mark my words there will be no "announcement" of a date, the update is just going to drop without warning. I had Verizon and actually paid to cancel my contract to switch to Sprint. I really hope that at no point do they make me regret it.

Journeyman

You mean you don't regret it now?

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat