cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 2.1 Update

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Android 2.1 Update

Sprint store told me June or July not to quote them but I can't remember which and yes it will be unannounced and you will just be prompted.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Meechy15~ First of all, this is why you dont go to radio shack for phone related things. Their training is garbage, they are hired straight out of high school, and i would bet my life that they have no clue what they are talking about roughly 100% of the time. I spend hours on end every day fixing mistakes, made by radio shack, in my store. i mean, really.... DO NOT LISTEN TO ANYTHING THEY TELL YOU, they are probably wrong.

Secondly, you should recieve a message from sprint when the update is out, im pretty sure they sent out messages for the last update. Please, if you have any questions go to a sprint store... dont give radioshack your business, they dont deserve it.

a lot of people seem to be getting angry with sprint employees who sell phones based on the 2.1 update coming out. i sold a few moments and heros on this reguard, but it wasnt as if rumors wernt flying around about it. Sprint needs to do a better job keeping its employees informed of information. I have been to corporate stores around my area that dont know when the EVO is launching, thats pathetic.

Credit needs to be given where it is deserved, and i give sprint a hell of a lot of credit. There has been a lot of knocking on the company for a long time, but you have to admit... they are really turning things around. in the last week i have had over 15 customers from verizon in here complaining about the big v's customer service and sales people... Sprint has done a great job turning into a professional company that the rest of the wireless world has a hard time topping. with the launch of the Evo this summer you will see Sprint climb the ranks, AT&T is done, once the iphone is released to verizon its all over for "the fastest network" (thats garbage, sprint has 4g... nothing is faster.)

with all that being said, be patient. the update will be out... just gotta be patient... its worth the wait.... just sayin.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Except for the fact that while Sprint may be first on the 4g bandwagon, they won't be the only ones.  My guess is that by the end of next year everyone has 4g service.

Highlighted
Journeyman

rlkelley192~ im not sure where your anger branches from, but you need to research before posting replies. Verizon is working on a 4g network, they are still testing, they have a long way to go. they have to have test markets still, and that can take a lot of time. AT&T will not have 4g, they would have to redo their entire network. please, if you are going to complain without any reguard to knowledge please go to radioshack and do it, noone here has time. RIGHT NOW sprint has 4g. that is a fact. no other company does, so no other company matters. Please, use common sense.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Journeyman

My guess is unless you are involved in the testing for those companies you do not know their plans.  Feel free to insult me all you would like but the fact reamins, if any of the real players in the market, you know those not bleeding customers, decide to get into 4g, they buy their way into it, and don't have to go into the red to do so like Sprint did.

The sad part is, the company Sprint chose to get into bed with to get a 4g network is also looking to be a direct competitor by selling phones, and data access, for a lot less than Sprint, at least in my area.

BTW Verizon plans to launch 4g in 25 - 30 cities by the end of the year.

http://4g-wirelessevolution.tmcnet.com/topics/4g-wirelessevolution/articles/84996-verizon-push-4g-broadband.htm

Lets not Forget AT&T next year.

http://gizmodo.com/5468470/att-to-deploy-4g-lte-network-in-2011

But what do I know.  Next time you want to insult somebody, maybe you should know what you are talking about.

k thx bye

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks budy, no one is disrespectful on these threads, they are just stating thier opinion and by the way you are NOT the admin.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Dont get me wrong, i wasnt insulting you. I am trying to figure out why you are so angry. you bash the admin who have to read these posts and try to answer legit questions while this same question has been posted numerous times throught the website. by deleting posts of the same origin they are making the site less cumbersom and a lot easier to search through. i dont have to be involved with testing to know things... it just takes common sense. if it were easy to drop 4g dont you not think that a rich company such as verizon, who kills their customers with rediculous bills, would have it first? im just stating facts. there are no guesses in my replies, i promise you that.

Are you implieing that Admin are the only ones allowed to have common sense here? im just tired of hearing people complain, and i know im not alone. just trying to help. thanks.

Message was edited by: resident13

Highlighted
Journeyman

The admins here are Sprint's puppets... and they don't think we see the strings, when in fact we do.  They don't care about doing what's right for their customers - they just want our money.  Is that not clear yet?  Isn't it suspicious to any of you all that this highly anticipated update has been convienently pushed back this far, and now is almost directly in line with the Evo 4G release?  Don't be so blind to see that it's all about marketing.  The software is done, and has been for quite some time.  It's all big a joke, and the admins here the ones telling it.  And guess who's the punchline?  Us.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Since you probably were not reading the forums the day the post was made you have no idea where my comments to the admins came from.

They came on here making statements and deleteing their statements when people pointed out how they were being inconsistent and locked down all the threads that put them in a bad light.

One admin is currently the internet poster child for Sprint's customer service nightmare that is the 2.1 upgrade, and they deleted that thread altogether.

Another admin simply restates the twitters, which we can no longer believe as truth since they are obviously missing the early 2q deadline they self imposed. She gets overly sensitive to comments about her home state and does not know what satire is.

Than you come one her insulting me because I know not what I speak of, so I pointed you to stories coming from press releases from the two companies in question.

Sprint is a dying company.  I stick around because I am cheap.  Once they I die I move on without shedding a tear.  I find the next cheapest provider.  Likely I move on at the end of my contract this time.  Ironically to Clear, which is providing the 4g coverage to Sprint as long as I am able to roam on 3g networks when out of range on their phones.  I will see when they are finally released.

Highlighted
Journeyman

i apologize

Highlighted
Journeyman

You must be late to the game. Let me briefly tell you my Sprint Store story. We will see how long it takes for the MODS to take it down. I bought my Hero after going through a BB Curve and two Palm Pre's in less than 3 weeks. The Curve, I didnt like. Nothing wrong with it, just didnt suit me. I wanted a touchscreen. The Two Pre's both had hardware issues, the "P" button didnt work on either and then all of my contacts disappeared and Palm couldnt find them in my Palm profile either. So I went back to the Sprint store and wanted a different phone. They tried to charge me 35.00 each time I exchanged the Pre's. These were phones that didnt work correctly right out of the box mind you and the Sprint store tried to chare me to exchange a defective device!!! Then when it came down to getting the Hero, I told him I like the phone but it is running 1.5 and I wanted 2.1. The store manager guaranteed me that the Hero would be getting updated within 60 days. That would have been the end of March. Remember this is a store manager. He knew what was going on he said. Well here we are......... middle of May and Sprint still doesnt have a phone with 2.1 let alone giving the Hero an update. Also Sprint store reps repeat internet rumors as truth. As you will see if you go back through that threads in these forums. If they havent been deleted that is. Sprint sales reps have no credibility when it comes to information as far as most of us are concerned. So I for one will not be trusting anything a Sprint sales rep tells me. At least yesterday when I went in to the Verizon store to see if 2.1 was really rolling out for the Eris, they told me something refreshing to hear. It was a simple........"Sir, I am not sure. I have seen some internet rumors but Verizon has not told us yet." Then he pulled out an Eris and checked to see if it was happening yet. Nothing on that phone. Called his manager and then manager told him, "Yes, it is rolling out but it may take a week or so before everyone sees it on their phones." See honest and did not promise anything they were not sure about. It was funny to see the Verizon rep go straight to Engadget to see if there was any news, but at least he didnt quote them as truth until he was sure.

Highlighted
Wizard

rlkelley192 wrote:

Except for the fact that while Sprint may be first on the 4g bandwagon, they won't be the only ones.  My guess is that by the end of next year everyone has 4g service.

It is good to see your consistency...did you just say "Except for the fact that while Verizon may be first on the 2.1 upgrade, they won't be the only ones."??  If you are going to call Sprint fail for not being first with the 2.1 upgrade, at least let them have some credit for being first with 4G in the U.S.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat