cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 2.1 Update

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Android 2.1 Update

Well since I am not calling on Sprint to fail since they did not get the 2.1 upgrade out first (they are doing that fine in every other way) I am not being inconsistent.

See one thing about critical reading is to also consider context.

Message was edited by: rlkelley192

Highlighted
Journeyman

So yes, it is good that Sprint was first to 4g.  For their P&L statements not so much.  Will it be enough to slow the loss of customers I don't know. I seriously doubt it will move them to #2 and most definitly will not move them to #1.  Especially once whoever gets the 4g iPhone rolls it out (as much as I despise Apple, the fanboys will flock).

I would have to see the actual numbers but I have a feeling that while the rate of change for the headcount of losses has been improving (losing fewer each quarter), I think the differences reported are actually so smally that the statiscal rate of change might not be decreasing (losing larger % of customers each quater).  But the SEC does not require that level of analysis, so I don't fault them for not giving it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Android 2.2 is about to be out before we get 2.1.

Highlighted
Wizard

rlkelley192 wrote:

Well since I am not calling on Sprint to fail since they did not get the 2.1 upgrade out first (they are doing that fine in every other way) I am not being inconsistent.

See one thing about critical reading is to also consider context.

Did you forget posting this?

rlkelley192 wrote:

The Eris was released after the Hero with 1.5

The Eris was updated before the Hero to 2.1

Sprint Failed

Admit it and you will feel much better about yourself.

http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/169395#169395

Highlighted
Journeyman

No I absolutly remeber posting that.  Nowhere does it say that as a result of this Sprint will be locking their doors because Verizon just owned them so bad over the 2.1 release.

What I said, and I think it is pretty clear on the page, is that when it comes to the 2.1 upgrade Sprint failed.  Look it is fun to play with the Sprint fanboys on here, but argue the right points, and read the thread in context.  At least the person from that last thread was able to do that.

So let me summarize for you.  Sprint is good for being first to 4g.  It will not knock off any of its competition as a result of it though (IMO).  Sprint failed at updating our phones because the Eris is essentially a Hero, meaning once the Eris was done we had proof postive the delay was a Sprint problem.  So the failure to delive in early 2Q (It will not be by Friday) is just that a failure on Sprints part.

Do you need me to clarify any more?

Highlighted
Wizard

rlkelley192 wrote:

No I absolutly remeber posting that.  Nowhere does it say that as a result of this Sprint will be locking their doors because Verizon just owned them so bad over the 2.1 release.

What I said, and I think it is pretty clear on the page, is that when it comes to the 2.1 upgrade Sprint failed.  Look it is fun to play with the Sprint fanboys on here, but argue the right points, and read the thread in context.  At least the person from that last thread was able to do that.

So let me summarize for you.  Sprint is good for being first to 4g.  It will not knock off any of its competition as a result of it though (IMO).  Sprint failed at updating our phones because the Eris is essentially a Hero, meaning once the Eris was done we had proof postive the delay was a Sprint problem.  So the failure to delive in early 2Q (It will not be by Friday) is just that a failure on Sprints part.

Do you need me to clarify any more?

I don't believe that you can reasonably read my post to be claiming that you said "Sprint will be locking their doors because Verizon just owned them so bad over the 2.1 release".  I only said that you should give credit to Sprint for being first with 4g in light of your claim that they failed by not being first with the 2.1 upgrade...which you have now done.  Also, I do not believe that there is any single thing Sprint could do that would "knock off any of its competition".  Even AT&T having exclusivity on the iPhone for several years, with its phenomenal success, could not knock off competition.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Than you are not reading the posts in this thread.  My contention was somebody esle's arguments that as a result of 4g Sprint's competitors would be in dire straights.  I will argue all day long with you, but know what you are arguing.

Highlighted
Journeyman

i bet you wont see an update until at least june 4, which is the date they announced the evo is coming out.  they arent gonna put 2.1 in the hero or the moment before the evo comes out.  someone who walks in the store looking for a new phone will be told that they still run 1.5 but if they wait a few weeks, they can buy the evo which will run 2.1.  i would be very surprised to see the update released before the launch date of the evo.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I think that 2.1 will be bypassed for 2.2.That is what the wait is about.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I seriously doubt the Hero or Moment gets 2.2.  I wouldn't be surprised if they go EOL before they get 2.1.

Highlighted
Journeyman

philbert1998 wrote:

I think that 2.1 will be bypassed for 2.2.That is what the wait is about.

You are kidding, right?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm serious.Why would they release an update only to have everyone clamering because the new update,2.2,was not released?Some markets already have 2.2.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat