ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Version 2.2 for Samsung Moment

Journeyman

This kids got a video up with a step by step guide to updating to Android 2.2.1 Froyo on your Samsung Moment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XXIIxN9ssk

Journeyman

I was on chat with a Sprint rep yesterday, I flat out asked ifinstalling 2.2 from SDX would void anything on my phone, like my insurance plan, he said no it wouldn't, no being an adult I realize that since they didn't release the software I'm on my own if the software fails (duh). Thats why I kept the downloaded Android Froyo M900 program AND the install video on my hard drive soon to be permentely burnt onto a disk.

that being said heres what I have found in teh 24 houirs I've had 2.2 (1) theres only 1 Sprint program, the Sprint hotspot, all others are gone ie: Sprint tv, which did nothing more on my ophone except eat teh battery. Sprint Football, I use my own Football program, Sprint NASCAR, guess what I use my own for that too, Sprint Nav, I kinda miss that, but for some reason Goggle Nav works tha same way, I'm missing my bejeweled demo though, gee......... oh and also that stupid Amazon MP3 store is gone

Performance wise, 2.2 seems to be better although my buttons no longer light up.again no biggie, My HEX and DEC numbers are gone from the "about Phone" ....................ok.and? Basically I'm pleased with eth 2.2 performance as much as I can be on a outdated phone, but I like my outdated phone, besides if I want to go back to 2.1 can't I simply take the phone to Sprint and have it restored? or can I do that myself too?

Self sufficiencyis a good thing.

Journeyman

I left ATT last year and came to Sprint, so far I'm happy, yea originally I was supposed to upgrade in May of this year, but I'm a silver premier customer too, so I guess that just means I have to wait as long as I would if I was still with ATT. or any other carrier, they are all teh same now, Sprint has better plans though. Version own all teh towers around here, and I work for the City of Va Beach. I have a supervisor phone with Version, I use my personal phone though because I kinda need a phone that works, even thought Version rules eth roost around here Sprint actually works better.

Journeyman

Nope you can do it all yourself! Just go to the Samsung Moment Updates page on the Sprint site (link below) and follow the instructions.

http://shop2.sprint.com/en/software_downloads/pda_smartphone/samsung_moment.shtml

Journeyman

Re: Android Version 2.2 for Samsung Moment

WOW, I just  read my post and I'm suprised you could make out what I typed LOL,,,,good on ya for being able to read my morning typing

Thanks for the link, I'll download the 2.1 and keep it for the rest of the phones in my house if I need to reinstall it on their phones.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well I am happy to report (not sure if happy would be the right word to use but...), I rooted my Moment and installed a custom Froyo 2.2 ROM from SDX and my phone actual does most of the things it should have always done.  The GPS now works and is accurate to about 15 feet. It no longer suffers from data locks.  No more mysterious airplane mode activations. It is responsive now and no longer freezes up when trying to make a call. The battery lasts an actual work shift.  And now I can use WIFI tether.  I recomend rooting and switching to 2.2 to anyone who cannot outright replace the phone, since that would be the ideal option.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat