cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any improvements with S:M900.8.OS.DI06 update (9/22/10) ?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Any improvements with S:M900.8.OS.DI06 update (9/22/10) ?

If you guys have already been updated with S:M900.8.OS.DI06 and notice any kinds of improvements, please share it with us here. I have kept frequently checking Firmware update on my Moment since the update releasing post, but there's no update yet for me. I'm kind of desperate for the data lockup fix and I know most of Moment owners are like me. Please share if you see any kinds of improvements then I will not go for a small claim to leave Sprint. Thanks.

21 REPLIES 21
Journeyman

Re: Any improvements with S:M900.8.OS.DI06 update (9/22/10) ?

We should all file a claim anyway...  How many times did service get interrupted?  How many headaches did we have fighting Sprint?

Just remember: this fix, even if successful, does not fix the data lock, which in turn caused the airplane lock.

I am not sure how this will play out but we shall see...

Maybe you should ask... who has received it yet?  Have not heard of anyone officially getting it.

Journeyman

Even with this latest update, this Samsung product is still a piece of junk.  I installed the update yesterday.  It actually worked fine all day yesterday.  As usual for me, I turned the phone off over night.  I turned it on this morning just before heading to work.  I just got to work, and the radios are dead.

Journeyman

Improvements.....  well, how about a change in the way the screen lock functions after my update?

I got two updates OTA in about a 24 hour period.   I believe neither are related to the data lockup, but that at least one is related to the 'pseudo' airplane mode.

But just prior to the 2nd one today, the phone prompted me that it had an update to install, and needed to take the phone off line for a bit to do that.   I acknowledged that, and let it rip.

After a reboot/install/reboot all on its own, I am now on the build called ECLAIR.D106

AND.... now the screen lock does not function the same.

WEIRD!

So AFTER this last update, when I press the red 'END' or 'LOCK' button the screen blanks as always, but hitting the red 'END' or 'LOCK' button again brings the screen right back, i.e. there is no screen lock 'bar'  that you have to swipe to unlock the screen.

I am thinking I might like this new 'feature'.... even though I think it could be a bug??    Or is there now a screen lock swipe bar 'on/off' that is buried somewhere?  ( this is the unlock swipe that came with 2.1 )

I've looked for a way to get it back, and and finally figured out it took another reboot to get it back.

Anyone else seeing this after getting 'all' the latest available OTA updates?

Message was edited by: gmassie55

Message was edited by: gmassie55

Journeyman

I installed the update yesterday.  About 12hrs ago I turned on wifi and wandered in and out of my work's wifi for 6hrs before turning it off to head home.  I'm still going with no lockup, and no strange screen lock behavior.  I was texting, making calls, browsing the net, and browsing/downloading from the market.  Granted, I do have a "good" Moment - it has only locked up during the wifi/3g handoff in the past, but I've never made it this long before.

Is it just me, or is this site really slow tonight?

Journeyman

This site is always SLOW.    Sprint needs to host it on a more direct pipe with more bandwidth... or maybe its running on a single overloaded system?

Pretty sad performance for a company like Sprint.   But sort of goes with the rest of their customer support.   Slow.

Wizard

I also tried going in and out of my home wifi network, using the Sprint network.  I navigated, browsed the market and visited web pages without a problem.  For me, the data lockup was fixed!

Until this morning.    I left my wifi network this morning, and my phone was working fine.  It was not locking up.  Since the data lockup was "fixed" I figured I didn't need the wifi antenna on all the time.  I turned the wifi antenna off, and my phone locked up on Sprint data within 5 minutes.

In my experience so far with DI06, pick wifi on or off and reboot your phone.  Do not adjust the wifi antenna, unless you are prepared to reboot after making the selection.  After that, my phone works just fine.  I will personally select to leave wifi on all the time.

Journeyman

I have both updates - still getting data locks/airplane mode... Not real happy...  My wife has the EPIC and the gps sucks on it... I think I'm about done with samsung...

Journeyman

My wife and I installed the update last week.  Connected to Wifi at home.  No Airplane mode.

Had to reboot due to data lock up though.  Phone did receive a call while data was locked out (strange)...

So far better, but still a joke that we have to deal with this.

I sent Sprint a letter this morning saying the same...

Journeyman

I thought i had both DI06 updates on Thursday but Sunday I noticed only had the Eclair DI06.    Sat / Sun several random "Air plane" mode more than usual.

This morning I got my other DI06 and the phone rebooted.  I turned off wifi to see if I get better data where I am and it is locked up on updating wi-fi settings. So my phone is locked I have waited 5 minutes and I tried a test call from my work phone and it when to VM.  The phone is hard locked and I will need to pull the battery ( not cool ).  

Sad....

Journeyman

After DI06 update my phone rebooted its self no less than 4 times that day. Seems OK right now...

Journeyman

jpandamyd1 wrote:

I have both updates - still getting data locks/airplane mode... Not real happy...  My wife has the EPIC and the gps sucks on it... I think I'm about done with samsung...

Precisely.  Since I was on here a month ago, my phone has gotten progressively worse and worse.  Not only does my data connection no longer work, I'm starting to lose calls since my phone shows a full signal bar but all I get is voicemails.

As soon as HTC makes a full keyboard model of a phone on Sprint with Android, I'm throwing this phone into a lake and getting the HTC model instead.  Sure, they've had hiccups and the specs on the HTC Hero is lower overall compared to the Moment, at least Hero models still work at all.  (And honestly, I don't text all that much.)

Samsung makes gorgeous monitors and that's about it.  Their MP3 players, cellular phones, and coming soon, I would venture to guess tablets... leave a lot to be desired.  A LOT.  Features and perks mean nothing if the device can't handle basic functionality after 5 months.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat