cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anybody else ready to just throw you Moment away and pay more to get real customer service?

Journeyman

Anybody else ready to just throw you Moment away and pay more to get real customer service?

I am currently on my third Moment.  Always the same issues, data lock ups, not being able to make calls, and for some reason getting audio but no video from websites not using flash video.  I have called to have the problem fixed and all I keep getting told is that they want me to get a new Moment (Maybe one of these times I will get the one that worked off the production line).  Or the only other option is to downgrade to the Intercept.  The Intercept is not comparable it is a definite downgrade, slower processor, lower resolution, and no camera flash.  Sprint should step up and offer all of us Momnet users the Transform as a viable replacement to the Moment.  The specs are almost the same across the board.  So, I guess until they can do that I will just keep on replacing my Moment until the contract runs out and go get my new Droid or iPhone,

4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

Re: Anybody else ready to just throw you Moment away and pay more to get real customer service?

I have seriously considered paying my ETF fee and going elsewhere.  I have had my phone in to the Sprint store to be fixed at LEAST 3 times this week, and the last time I was there, I overheard the sales guy tell another customer that they took the Moment off the market and replaced it with the Intercept.  I think they need to recall all the Moments and replace them with AT LEAST an Epic.  This phone has been out for, what, a year (?) and just about everyone who I know who has one HATES it.  My husband and I have been with Sprint for quite a while, but this might just be the last straw.  :-(

Wizard

Re: Anybody else ready to just throw you Moment away and pay more to get real customer service?

I understand where you are coming from.  I am on my 5th Moment.  However, I have to look at this from a financial perspective.  I cannot respond to my loss of money on the Moment by losing more money by going with another carrier.  I have not had an issue with Sprint until this phone arrived, and I don't plan to have another issue after this phone is gone.  Financially speaking, I am better off just to stay with Sprint.

Journeyman

ninis6 wrote:

...the only other option is to downgrade to the Intercept.  The Intercept is not comparable it is a definite downgrade, slower processor, lower resolution, and no camera flash.

Wow, they offered you a Intercept?  All I got offered was a Hero.  Both weak sauce compared to what Moment was supposed to be.

ninis6 wrote:

Sprint should step up and offer all of us Momnet users the Transform as a viable replacement to the Moment. 

The front facing camera issue aside, it is a weaker processor and less internal memory.  But compared to the other 'answers', it's as close to parity as we can get... if you can stomach buying another Samsung, of course.

Journeyman

Good points beliving :-)  Also, I would buy another Samsung, I have friends who have the Epic, and they LOVE it.  Hopefully Sprint will find a suitable fix and fast ... I love having Sprint and really do not want to switch providers.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat