cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone Else Had Enough?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Anyone Else Had Enough?

So, after numerous updates sent OTA by Sprint, the Moment still has unresolved issues. The battery life is completely outrageous, the GPS rarely works, CDMA Lockups and Airplane Mode still happening even after this past update that should have fixed it, random crashes, the phone starting up with "System Has Stopped Responding - Force Close - Wait" window, sluggish performance, and the fact that even though the phone is just nearing it's one year Sprint will not be giving the phone Android 2.2 even though it was supposed to receive 2.1 a few months after it was released. Quite frankly, I've had enough. I refuse to pay a $200 fee to get a new phone just because Sprint refuses to fix their own problems. Anyone else feel the same?

79 REPLIES 79
Journeyman

Re: Anyone Else Had Enough?

Oh yeah!!!  Where do I start?  Gor my first Moment in March.  Had issues with data lockup, sent a "new" refurbished phone.  Had that one for a month same issue.  Same solution.  Etc...etc.  I am now waiting on fifth moment because the fourth one finally seemed to be at least usable as far as the data lockup issue and the USB port went out and it won't charge or connect to the computer.  So "had enough" is an understatement, unfortunately I cant afford to pay the EFT and switch carriers so I am stuck getting a "new" phone every month until I find that one out of the production run that might work because I refuse to downgrade to a Heor or an Intercept.  So unless Sprint decides that the Transform or the Epic is the trade in for the Moment I will just have them send me out Moment after Moment and hopefully one of them will work.

Journeyman

yes , drop calls, updates, still drop calls or i can't hear the person i called so i have to call them back 2 or 3 times b4 they can hear me, this is my 3rd moment and only had the account since may or june. no more moment for me

ROTFLMAO!  Wait...you had enough because Sprint refuses to fix a phone?!?  Please...us Nextel folks have been complaining for years now that Sprint screwed up not just our phones, but our entire network!  And Sprint still refuses to acknowledge it, let alone fix it.  Don't get me wrong, I do understand and can sympathize with you.  It's unfair that Sprint claims to offer a fix that really fixes nothing.  Then again, I suppose things could be worse.  After all, look at all those suckers who purchased the first Instinct.

Journeyman

Yeah nextel customers are gonna get screwed again. Sprint announced that they are getting rid of the IDEN network(nextel network) and moving it over to a diferent type i believe. What this means is that direct connect/push to talk will no longer work after the move

Journeyman

It's come to my attention that Sprint has quietly discontinued the Samsung Moment due to it being defective. They have finally admitted it. Over at SDX it was announced that for those who call in to Customer Care at 1-800-639-6111 and explain their problem with the Moment will be offered an exchange for the Samsung Intercept, or the HTC Hero. It is the customers choice of which phone they receive. They are only exchanging with "comparable" phones. Although both phones are comparable to the Moment in it's current state, they should be replacing them with comparable phones from what the Moment was supposed to be.

Journeyman

Have you exchanged your phone yet?

Journeyman

No, I haven't exchanged mine yet. Since Sprint's done supporting the Moment and it won't receive anything other than maintenance updates, I'm going to try rooting it to 2.2 and see how many problems that fixes. If it's not satisfactory I'll exchange it.

Journeyman

It seems as if Sprint and Samsung have a practice of abandoning earlier phones by not updating them in hopes that we will buy newer models coming out.  What a poor way to do business.  Whatever happen to customer satisfaction?  THere are so many problems with the moment software.  When I call Spints and Samsung, they make it sound as though I am the only one having these issues.  We all need to write a letter to the president and ask him to make a management decisison in the name of good customer service to fix these phones...

Journeyman

I have reached exactly that point. This phone is the most unreliable I have ever had.

I get absolutely no satisfaction from the children at the Sprint service center and I, like you, will not pay one cent more on this tank. iPhone here I come.

Patron

yep

Journeyman

Did they make you pay $100 to replace the defective phone? Mine has all of these problems, but I'm not going to blow a c-note on a phone just as old (the Hero) or the Intercept, with its lower screen res.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat