ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone Else Had Enough?

Journeyman

Anyone Else Had Enough?

im fed up as well, ive had the moment since july, sluggish no battery life yada yada yada, just went to sprint store cuz my phone would charge well its a defective port or whatever, theres 35 bucks....well it was probably the worst customer service experience ever, not even messing around calling their customer "care" line. im switchin asap...they dont give a crap about keeping anyone as customers, i dont know why though, cant imagine how many people left to go to verizon for the iphone.

Journeyman

Anyone Else Had Enough?

I have a blackberry from work on verizon and I never have an issue with it.

We have Blackberry Curves on two of our five Sprint lines and rarely have problems with them, so I suspect it's more the phones than the service.  My Moment's been a lot better since the late-2010 updates, although it's still slower than I'd like.

Journeyman

Anyone Else Had Enough?

Over the weekend my Moment became a brick.

Every time I tried to use it I would get a message telling me that "The application Android is no longer functioning" and that I had to force close.

I couldn't make calls, I couldn't send or receive texts, it was ridiculous.

I went and got me a brand spankin' new HTC Evo, and I couldn't be happier.

As pissed off as I am at Sprint, they do have the best (cheapest) data plan out there.

Eff you, Samsung Moment!  I'm glad to be done with you.

Eff you, Sprint!  You did nothing to help me AT ALL.  If it wasn't for the fact that your Everything Data plan is only $69.99 (+ $10 if you get a 4G phone), I would have signed up with Verizon.

Anyone Else Had Enough?

Just an update on what I did with that stupid horrible Moment-- I called Samsung, they said they would fix it. Well will see. they sent me a label to ship it out to them. On the march 8th I got a reply that they recieved it. UPS sure is slow! I sent it out on the march 2. Ok, I am wondering, I see some of you sufferers have been given the intercept as alternative. What are anyone's thoughts about the Epic?. As for extra ten buck on the excuse of 4G how do you know you actually are getting that? they play everyone saying the Everything data plan 69 is UNLIMITED so why arre they charging an 10 bucks extra. Because, they are in a fight with Clearwire over using their 4G and Clearwire is demanding more cash from Sprint, so they in turn are passing it on to us. Great? yeah right!.we as consumers spending our hardearned money for overprice devices, and enslave with a contract. This isn't right. best hopes to all, keep you updated about samsung;]

Journeyman

Anyone Else Had Enough?

This is not a good phone.I have been very unhappy almost since I purchaced. I bought it in August 2010. Have had many problems. Sprint replaced it before 30 days was up. After the 30 days was up, when I could no longer trade the Moment in on another phone, all my contacts just disapeared and Spint did transfer the contacts from my husbands phone to mine since mine just "disappeared". Then about 3 monthsafter this I could not receive calls or send calls, only text messages could send and receive. Sprint told me after being at the store for 1 hour that when my phone number transfered something did not transfer correctly. They did finally fix it. Now after just owing it less then 7 months and have been paying for "insurance", my phone would not charge. In fact the battery was dead. I had been playing with it to get it to charge for about a month before it just stopped charging. I went to the closest store to where I live and work  I was the only customer in the store. The sales person was on the phone when I entered, did not say anything and continued on the phone for about another 3  minutes. When he got off the phone, I explained my problem and asked the person working there if they could look at my phone. They looked up my account "stated you have insurance call this #." Since this is my only phone I asked him what was I suppose to do. I am a nurse and the hospital has to be able to call me. He said" I don't know" He also said I could try taking it to the service center that was not anywhere near there and did not know how to give me directions on getting there. After arriving home, I called the # and was told with $100 they would send a new phone. Remember the phone is less then a year old and I have been paying for insurance! I need to have a phone so paid the $100, not happily! I paid $150 to change my service from Verizon to Sprint  just 7 months before. I did receive a new phone, not the same model the next day. I feel I was taken advantage of by Sprint.

Journeyman

Anyone Else Had Enough?

We got our Moments last March.  My wife's had issues immediately out of the box and she returned it and got a replacement (within the 30 days).  It was great right up until her purse was stolen in August.  We got her an unlocked RIM Blackberry Curve for about $130 or so off a volume buyer on eBay and she's enjoyed it with very few problems once activated.  (BTW, we actually purchased the Moments and two year contract through Amazon.com, who had the best pricing.  They were awesome with my wife's replacement process.  She had her replacement phone two days after the phone call).

I guess after reading this lengthy thread, that I must have one of the few good Moments out there.  My issues are limited to short battery life (finally learned about turning off the GPS, we'll see if that remedies the battery life issue), the GPS was good in certain locations only, would get locked up, etc, but I didn't buy the phone for GPS.  I can get directions off of the browser and mapquest and don't need audible "turn here" commands.  Rhapsody has never worked worth a *** on this phone, don't know if other streaming music sites work or not.  However, I have not had the other issues that are echoed here:  airplane mode, faulty charge ports, etc.  Love the NASCAR app on Sundays and the live TV whenever I need a Sportscenter fix.  The phone's speed was adequate right up until I upgraded the weather.com app earlier this month, which is an absolute memory hog and may be going away as a result.

Journeyman

Anyone Else Had Enough?

i Got My Samsung Moment Somewhere in december and Now it will NOT Charge There is NOTHING Wrong With The charger , in fact i have used multiple chargers and none of them change anything , it will charge all night and when i wake up it will be turned off .. then i will plug the charger out and plug it back in and turn on the phone and it will turn on and shut back off , then in like 10 second it will say battery fully charged then i will turn the phone back on and it will shut rite back off from emptybattery . i have it charging rite now and i have had it charging from 2:00 a.m it is now 6:00 a.m and the battery is STILL on Red !

Highlighted
Journeyman

Anyone Else Had Enough?

Not only have I had enough of this phone, I have pretty much had enough from Sprint, it's customer service and tech support.  Might as well throw Samsung on that list as well.  I finally had it with the GPS issues this phone is known for but Sprint refuses to acknowlege, and my phone also was not recieving picture mail. I put up with it for over year but finally decided that since I have the total protection plan I might as well take advantage of it.  I took my phone to the local Sprint store and told them my GPS was not working.  The guy takes it to the back room and tells me to come back in an hour.  I go back and he tells me the GPS is working fine. I go out to my car and turn the phone and GPS on and it still can not find a lock after quite a few minutes. I go back inside  and tell this to the guy.He takes the phone and says, "No, it's working. Look at the blinking green satallite icon, that means it working."  I had to explain to him that when the icon stays solid green, that means it's working, a blinking green icon means it can't lock onto a satallite.  I proceed to open the GPS test app I have and showed him how the phone could not even see a satallite much less lock onto one. He just looks at me with a dumb look on his face and says it must be a software issue then because my phone was rooted.  I told him that it was not rooted.  So he takes my phone and opens up the "About Phone" section in the menu and tells me that since it says Eclair.DJ07 instead of DE03 that proves it is rooted.  I tell him that was the latest udate that came from Sprint and he says that is not true. This idiot doesn't even know the lastest software and basiclly calls me a liar.  I let him reflash my phone to factory and after my phone reboots it immediately notifies that there is a new update available.  As the morans are watching the phone intalls Eclair.DJ07. Again with dumb looks on their faces they apologize and finally agree to replace the phone.  The next day they call me that my new phone is in, low and behold it is a "new" refurbished Samsung Moment!!!!  This ones GPS actually worked tough but it suffered from the data lock up issues this phone is also known for.  So I rooted this one and added the Froyo 2.2 available at SDX developers.  Now the GPS is accuare up to about 15 feet and it no longer suffers from data lockups.  But still no picture mail.  I called Customer Service and all the crap they told me to do made my phone worse, it got stuck in airplane mode and I had to reboot it, reflash it and reroot it and reistall 2.2.  finally back at SDX I found a picture mail fix.  All I had to do was text "Allow All" to 9999 and now I get picture mail.  Sprint apparently has a lock feature on the text mail that no tech or customer service person I talked to for over a year knew about. So I find it ridiculous how little the custumer service agents or tech supports agents know about this phone or the software the company issues or other services the company offers.  If it weren't for the folks over at SDX which allowed me to do my own tech support this phone would be nothing more than a paper wieght.  So if you ever need any help with this phone head on over to SDX Developers as long as you don't mind doing a little research they can more than likely help you out.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat