ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else having timestamp problems with texts on the Moment after time change ?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Anyone else having timestamp problems with texts on the Moment after time change ?

Well we just changed times.   Strange things began to happen.  Okay, all the time on my Moment and my wifes Moment are correct (both current Android systems) Email time is correct, calendar, phone time and all that.   However all of our Text messages times are wrong ?  exactly 1 hour

ahead.  When I send a text to her it uses the correct time but she receives it 1 hour ahead. When she sends me one it uses correct time but I receive it at 1 hour ahead.  When we send it to our son or daughter who do not have Android phones but do have Sprint, it sends at correct time and they receive it at correct time.  When they send us one it still receives 1 hour ahead.

It is almost as if the DST change pushed it ahead 2 hours instead of one. We have rebooted the phones, gone into settings and manually changed time and even changed time zones back and forth.   Checked GPS settings and everything.

This is apparently an ANDROID issue.

Anybody else have this problem ?

1 REPLY 1
Journeyman

Re: Anyone else having timestamp problems with texts on the Moment after time change ?

I have had the same problem. I've spent HOURS on the phone with Tech Support and even taken my phone into the store and they say they fix it but it doesn't. Sometimes the times are right but most of the time they aren't. The only think I can come up with is that I am in an area where signal isn't that great so maybe it's reading off of a weird tower or something. That doesn't really make sense though because my normal time clock is right. It should affect all of it if it's reading of another time zone. If you figure out the problem please let me know. It's annoying having to scroll back and forth for messages.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat