cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone showing a Lag while typing something?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Anyone showing a Lag while typing something?

Had the phone a couple days. Have not downloaded any app's yet (except Advanced task killer, because of this problem) and showing lags while typing either an email or text. Hit a button and a few seconds later the letter/letters will finally populate. Also noticing screen lag or jerky transition when sliding to another screen.

Have turned off GPS, Wifi, Bluetooth. Hard reset the phone twice and still seeing this problem.

Not sure if it is related but when set up the Gmail link it started to download every message in my gmail account. Factory setting for the phone is for 4 days.  Changed it to 1 day and still tries to sync everything.  Took it into the sprint store and they "claim" that when first initially setting up you gmail it will sync everything and you must delete them and then it will just sync the days specified in your label section. What? Yea OK....Useless!!!

Very fustrating!

Please if anyone has suggestion please post it.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Anyone showing a Lag while typing something?

I have noticed some lag also especially with the virtual keyboard at first then it goes away. Not a big problem but I did notice that also  

Highlighted
Journeyman

physical keyboard lag is def present on this phone.  however, if you text message alot and this lag is really annoying you, try Handcent SMS.  for some reason, when typing text in Handcent SMS, there is no lag!!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I second EMCUBE, there was definately lag when texting with the physical keyboard which is crazy, but I've installed handsent to replace the built in texting app to see if that helps with battery life like it has on my girlfriend's hero.  I just checked and sure enough, there is no lag now when texting with the physical keyboard.

Seems that you have to own both devices to figure out this stuff now.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have noticed the lag even when typing a search, definitely annoying.... Don't really know the cause, it takes the phone about a sec to recognize that I'm typing...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Have you gone into keybord settings and tried turning off auto complete/checking for the physical keyboard to see if that helps?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Definitely seems faster to me with the "quick fix" checks off. Thanks for the tip!

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat