cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App to track failed attempts to sync

Go to solution
Journeyman

App to track failed attempts to sync

I, like many Moment owners, am having problems with data/phone freezing or signal dropping. The data icon will either disappear or stick in the upward arrow position and the phone signal strength will freeze and not fluctuate. During this time calls will not go through to the phone and data will not transfer.

While Sprint works on solving this issue (right?) I would like to find an app that can track when/if my phone is down. It seems that the easiest way to do this is to track success or failure of my current apps that sync automatically, like gmail and twitter.

Searches of the app store and the internet have turned up no results.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Many thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Journeyman

Re: App to track failed attempts to sync

The problem is either a hardware or software issue with the data handoff (I.E.ev to 1x or wifi to network data or vice versa). If u wanna track error download log cat from the market. It will save recent activity of your phone in a text format and save to the sd card.

Journeyman

Re: App to track failed attempts to sync

Barker005: that worked great.  thank you!

For anyone else:

I downloaded aLogcat from the market

Filtered for 'failed sync' (since I use the gmail app)

Click 'more' 'format' and 'time'

Provides a short list of exact times when my phone tried to sync my email and failed.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat