cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps causing moment to freeze after update

Highlighted
Journeyman

Apps causing moment to freeze after update

So after I updated my moment on my home PC, everything seemed fine and I started downloading my apps again. I noticed that every time I got a text using Handcent, the phone would freeze and the screen would refresh. I thought maybe there was a problem with the app so I uninstalled it. Over the next few hours I would notice the phone freeze and refresh even when i wasn't doing anything, it would just be sitting on my desk. So i did a factory reset on the phone (the update was still there afterwards).

After the reset everything seemed fine again - Handcent worked fine and then I signed onto Meebo IM. every time someone IM'd me, the phone would freeze and refresh, exiting the app. At 5:30, the application to remind me to take a pill came up - froze the phone. Since i wasn't able to dismiss the reminder, it would pop up whenever the screen came back on and it started an endless cycle of freezing and refreshing. So I barely managed to do a reset on the phone again.

Today, Meebo IM works, Handcent works, the Pill application works, but I'm afraid if i download all of my apps again, one of them will cause the phone to freeze up for no reason.

I'm going to take my phone in to a repair store and see if they find anything wrong with it. Has anyone else noticed the moment freezing up when using apps afterinstalling the update?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat