cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad Samsung Moment...I Hope a Sprint Employee reads this!!

Journeyman

Ok Im hoping a Sprint rep sees this post. But maybe anyone can answer as well. I just dropped my phone (Moment) off at a Sprint store for the 3rd time and they FINALLY said they would replace it. It says on the ticket it will be a Moment I am to pick up on Weds. My question is, how in the heck is everyone getting all these offers for other phones? Transform, Intercept, and even credit! I once called Sprint Executive Services and they did nothing for me. Does it depend on each store? I just think its HIGHLY unfair some get all these offers and other people dont. Sprint needs to get on a even playing field here. I was not even offered a replace phone once! Only because its my 3rd visit they are replacing it.

Any Thoughts?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Wizard

Hi, I work in Account Services for Sprint. It is policy to replace a defective device with the same make/model but if you are interested in a different model my department sells the pre-owned Samsung Intercept for $79.99. The replacement policy (same make/model) should be consistent across all channels and repair centers. If you'd like more information on the availability of pre-owned phones you can check at the website here under "shop" then "phones". I believe the Samsung Intercept is the only pre-owned phone that we have that is not listed on the website currently.

Journeyman

See this is an issue I have. WHY would I want to pay to replace my phone when I have insurence? Especially for a phone others on these boards are getting for free/exchanged. So what if the Moment is not in stock? Do I get a different phone?

Wizard

If you have Total Equipment Protection then you do not need to pay for a replacement that has no damage to the defective device. However, it is not for exchanging for newer makes/models or devices. The replacements are with the same make/model. If the Moment is out of stock I believe you would be waiting for a replacement but I do not work for the repair center or tech support so one of them would need to answer as to whether inventory depletion is a reason to replace with a different model phone. I personally have the Samsung Moment and still use it to this day without issue so hopefully your replacement will work better.

Master

Yes, our policy states that if the same make and model is NOT available, then a "comparable" model will be offered.  Only Sprint Service and Repair Centers can see our current re-manufactured inventory. 

Tom

Journeyman

ok..well my fingers are crossed for a NON moment

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat