cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery Life

Journeyman

Battery Life

I just got the moment  a couple of weeks ago is there anyone who is experiencing the phone going dead after a few hours?

10 REPLIES 10
Journeyman

Re: Battery Life

yes, I got my phone 5 days ago. I was wondering about that myself. The battery does quickly drain towards the end of the day.

Journeyman

LOTS of people are having this issue. Search the threads in this or any of the other android forums and you will find plenty of people complaining about it. What is interesting is that there are other people who report getting 24 hours on a single charge. For me it seems to depend on the day, but I never get close to 24 - maybe 12 hours max...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Uhh what do you expect you have a mini computer in your pocket running off a cell phone battery?  With the update my battery has double in length.  I would try using an app killer so you dont have too much running in the background.

Journeyman

Download the app called screebl. amazing. wont ever go without it. increases battery life more than any other app.

Journeyman

I've had this exact problem for about 2 months and finally got fed up with it and took it to the sprint tech! My battery would only last about 2-3 hours and this was without me using it! What was causing the problem is an issue with the antennae not being soldered properly from the factory that causes the phone to continually search for a signal from multiple towers. Its stays in this mode and is transparent to the user! I never had an issue with getting a signal! The tech fixed tha antennae issue and hard reset my phone! Issue is completely gone now! My battery has now lasted me 12 hours and I still show 60% battery available. This also appears to have corrected an issue I was having with Google maps not locating friends properly on the map! I am now a very happy camper! Sprint techs are fully aware of this issue and should post the fix!

Journeyman

Can anyone else confirm what des1157 says? I have had terrible battery life forever and have looked over and over in forums and have never heard a word about this fix. What's more, my phone has been replaced twice and the replacements have been just as bad as the original. It has appeared to me that the problem has been my work location in a very dead reception area. I get much better battery life when I am home all day where reception is good.

Journeyman

This is the second day after they fixed my phones antennae and I pulled it off the charger at 4 am this morning. It is 4:14 pm now and I still have %70 of the battery life left and that is with me using it during the day! Before the fix, I was only getting 2-3 hours of use and would have to plug it in. Judge for yourself. The sprint tech indicated that the antennae problem is a known problem to cause the battery drainage. Took him maybe 20 minutes to fix it. You can call the tech at the Sprint store locate on North Rock Rd in Wichita Kansas to confirm this issue. Tell them they fixed my phone on the 4th of this month (Dan Stevens). I am now ecstatic with the phone! As I said before, it also fixed my google map problem on locating friends. Hope this helps!

Journeyman

Thanks des1157. So I called that store and talked to a tech and they confirmed that this is a known issue with the Moment and that techs at other Sprint corporate stores should be able to find it by looking in the "CE Website". We'll see if I can get someone to take a look at it tomorrow.

Did you have problems with reception before the fix, or was this a surprise to you that the problem was related to the antenna? Also, did your phone get hot? Mine is often noticeably warm through a hardshell case when it is just sitting in my pocket.

Message was edited by: DrGibberish

Journeyman

OK, so I just called two Sprint corporate repair centers here in CA (Emeryville, CA and San Leandro, CA) and neither had heard of this repair or the "CE Website". Both said they do not do repairs which require soldering the phone. Oh well. If I had schematics, I might ask my electrical engineer brother to have a go at it. It seems like this fix is only available to you in KS

I am going to post this as a new topic since I think it is getting lost in this old thread. I want to see if anyone else has gotten this fix...

Journeyman

So, you confirmed the fix with the tech here locally in Wichita! I have confirmed it did indeed correct the issue with my phone regarding the battery life and the Google map locations! Sounds to me like Sprint has not been good about getting the known issues out to all it's techs or the techs in some areas have not taken heed to the issue and not addressing the concerns regarding a product of the company they work for and gain livelyhood from. The issue needs to be posted by Sprint as being a known issue and provide the corresponding fix. I, like you, had been all over the internet looking for some type of corrective action! Hopes were on the 2.1 update (another area Sprint seems to be lacking in getting a release out to their product owners) fixing the issue. Truth is, the update might help but is not the total issue with the draining batteries! Maybe you should contact the local tech once again and request he post the fix for the public and his counterpart techs. I cannot tell you how ecstatic I am now with the life span on my battery. I get up at 4:00 am and do not plug it in again until 11:00 pm (only because it is bedtime)! Absolutely no more issues with the battery life. What really gets me is that there are so many owners out there complaining of the same issue and Sprint is not actively providing the known issues and fixes for the Samsung Moment. I can honestly say, next time I get a new phone, it will be with someone else simply due to Sprint lack of customer support! The bugs and complaints on the Samsung Moments phone could have been overted with good communication from Sprint on the fixes and timely releases of the firmware update to correct the known software issues. Instead, they chose to ignore their customer's complaints and drive on with a lax attitude about making fixes available to them. They still have not posted the 2.1 release and refuse to provide a date on when to expect. This attitude will not save them customers but will cost them dearly!

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat