cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery drained while idle

Highlighted
Journeyman

Battery drained while idle

I had fully charged my device last night from the AC adapter, then took the power connector out and left it alone until morning.  At that time I found the battery had drained and it wouldn't even boot up.  WiFi was enabled, GPS disabled, data sync enabled.  I had recently used the Dialer, Messaging, Browser, and Listen (google labs) apps but this was not unusual.

Has anyone else seen this behavior?  Is there a way to report this type of issue to Samsung if I see it again?

4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

Re: Battery drained while idle

When you plugged the phone back in did it boot up or did you need to pull the battery?  We have 4 moments here at our office and only 1 has had this problem, but it would have enough battery but the screen and phone would basically be dead.  The buttons wouldn't work and would seem as if the battery was totally dead but after plugging it in the battery screen wouldn't come up and the phone was still useless.  You have to pull the battery to get the phone working again.  I was still under the 30 day so I ended up returning the phone.  This happened to the phone a few times a week.  If it happens again I would leave it the way it is and take it to a store.  No problems with the new one.

Not sure if this is the same case as you but sounds similar.  My batter normally lasts a 12 hours with a fair amount of usage. 

Journeyman

I have the same problem with my Moment. One time when I unpluged it I could actually watch the battery icon drain away.I have to keep it pluged in until I can go beak to the Sprint Store.

Journeyman

Has anyone gotten the CL14 maintenance update? I finally killed the battery yesterday and fully charged it last night around 7:30 pm. I just sent two text messages and checked weather and nearly 13 hours after being taken off the charger my battery meter is reading 90%! This is after talking on the phone for about 25 minutes, checking email with the gmail app, and sending a few texts last night, as well. Idling over night always seemed to cause the battery to drain faster than just about anything else I ever did with my phone and I used to have to keep it plugged in until morning just so I could last the whole day with it. I am glad to see that this has been fixed. I hope it fixes the problem for the rest of you, as well.

Journeyman

resurgo wrote:

Has anyone gotten the CL14 maintenance update? I finally killed the battery yesterday and fully charged it last night around 7:30 pm. I just sent two text messages and checked weather and nearly 13 hours after being taken off the charger my battery meter is reading 90%! This is after talking on the phone for about 25 minutes, checking email with the gmail app, and sending a few texts last night, as well. Idling over night always seemed to cause the battery to drain faster than just about anything else I ever did with my phone and I used to have to keep it plugged in until morning just so I could last the whole day with it. I am glad to see that this has been fixed. I hope it fixes the problem for the rest of you, as well.

Resurgo, here's the latest discussion on the the CL14 MR.

http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/146666?tstart=0#146666

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat