cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Be very cautious about the maintenance release!

Journeyman

Be very cautious about the maintenance release!

I just got the OTA release and now my Moment is all goofed up.

USB really busted.

Today the phone no longer detected USB connections, even with the "Developer" switch on.

Now it won't even charge.

I have no way of knowing whether it's a coincidence that this started happening right after the update, or whether the update caused this by somehow messing with the USB firmware.

But I really wish I had never agreed to pull this firmware update....

I'd urge others to check out feedback from other Samsung Moment owners before giving the ok to the firmware update.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Journeyman

pr6oldman wrote:

I just got the OTA release and now my Moment is all goofed up.

USB really busted.

Today the phone no longer detected USB connections, even with the "Developer" switch on.

Now it won't even charge.

I have no way of knowing whether it's a coincidence that this started happening right after the update, or whether the update caused this by somehow messing with the USB firmware.

But I really wish I had never agreed to pull this firmware update....

I'd urge others to check out feedback from other Samsung Moment owners before giving the ok to the firmware update.

As if users have a choice in the matter.  The OTA Update pop-up will pester you every 30 minutes until you update.  You can keep hitting "Update Later" but touchscreen lag, opening an app a little too fast, or just having the phone in your jean pocket may be warm enough to read as a screen press on "Update Now", then you're stuck with it.  Or you can press Update Later every 30 minutes for the rest of the life of your cellphone.

I don't know if Google wrote the OTA mechanism like this or if Sprint did, but If it's NOT optional, then why ask us?  Just install the update anyway and force our phone to reboot without warning!

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat