cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beware the Sprint Car Charger

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Beware the Sprint Car Charger

I was wondering which universal charger you are using. I am willing to try to charge the battery outside of the phone to hopefully get a little more life out of my battery

Journeyman

I got mine from Radio Shack 24.99. Still not as good a deal as what yfan posted. But it works fine. yfan why didn't you post this sooner Hmmm? just kidding with you. I like your posts too they are very informative.

Journeyman

I got mine on E-Bay for $7.00.  I have purchased other chargers on E-Bay for other phones and have not had a problem.  It was shipped from Hong Kong and received within a week, no taxes or shipping charges!!

Journeyman

I got it at the Radio Shack, it is a Radio Shack universal Charger model #23-503 (that is exactly what it isays under the bottom). I think it was $30 but you can charge any type of battery on it.  It comes with a little pointer so you can move the leads to match up with the particular battery you have, since you have the moment like I do then I know it will work for you b/c it's been working for me.

I got home from work at 7:00 PM today and the battery just went into the yellow (15%) this is after not being on the charger all night last night. I have talked quite a bit on it bc I am having visitors come in from out of town tonight & we've been going back & forth all day with all apps running all day.  I haven't put the fresh battery in yet.  Keep in mind you still have to train the battery but if you've been doing that already then you should be set.  Yfan has 2 batteries & he says that he trained his batteries but does charge inside of his phone so he didn't have to go as far as I did by buying anything extra, but if you have tried that already & its not working for you then I guess it can't hurt to try.  Radio Shack has a 14 day (I think) return policy , you can ask them if you go in there or maybe you can pull the product up online so you can see it first.  If you don't feel it's working for you the way it has worked for me you can return it.  I think it was $38 or something like that.

Journeyman

LOL I wish I would have done that.  Don't know what I was thinking about when I purchased from Radio Shack instead.  I have purchased chargers even for my laptop from e-bay and I have had great results, don't know why I didn't think about going back there.  I paid a little more by going to Radio Shack, but I have it now and its working so I guess that's all that counts LMAO.

Journeyman

Thank you for this post.  I am now on my third Moment because of issues related to the charger.  Each time, the phone completely stopped charging.  I do have a Sprint charger and had no idea that that could be a reason for my problem.  I called customer service and have gone in a few times to the Sprint store and all of them state that they have never heard of anyone else having this problem with the phone.  I'm so glad to hear that it is not me or something that I am doing to cause this problem with the unit.  I will definitely get rid of the charger and purchase another one.  I hate to find this out because it is my first time purchasing a Sprint charger for my phone.  I usually purchase them elsewhere because they're always much cheaper at other stores.  Hopefully, this will be the last time that I have to swap out the phone for a new one. 

Message was edited by: nashena13

Journeyman

it might be the charger, try ebay or www.boxwave.com. I've never had issues with boxwave's minisycs/chargers.

Journeyman

Thank you for this post.  I am now on my third Moment because of issues related to the charger.  Each time, the phone completely stopped charging.  I do have a Sprint charger and had no idea that that could be a reason for my problem.  I called customer service and have gone in a few times to the Sprint store and all of them state that they have never heard of anyone else having this problem with the phone.  I'm so glad to hear that it is not me or something that I am doing to cause this problem with the unit.  I will definitely get rid of the charger and purchase another one.  I hate to find this out because it is my first time purchasing a Sprint charger for my phone.  I usually purchase them elsewhere because they're always much cheaper at other stores.  Hopefully, this will be the last time that I have to swap out the phone for a new one. 

I'd really like to head back from this person and see if their problems have been resolved. It's been a week so... maybe?

Message was edited by: CriticalCritic

Patron

I've stopped using my Sprint car charger since, I believe, it killed my charging port on my Moment.

Journeyman

I have never bought anything at a Sprint store--they are waaaaaay too  expensive. I get my chargers, both AC and Car from Cellphone shop.net. I always get the retracting ones and have never had a problem with them. I got a couple car chargers from Amazon.com for next to nothing and they work fine too. I got a couple universal car brackets from them and love em.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat