cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Applications Be Downloaded To PC Then Installed On Samsung Moment?

Journeyman

Can Applications Be Downloaded To PC Then Installed On Samsung Moment?

I was simply wondering if you can download applications, games, etc. to your PC then install them to your Samsumg Moment phone?  I can't seem to figure out how to do it if you can, so any help would be appreciated! 

6 REPLIES
Sprint Product Ambassador

Re: Can Applications Be Downloaded To PC Then Installed On Samsung Moment?

Nope - apps can be downloaded over the air from one of several app stores.

Journeyman

Actually thats not true. You can indeed download apps to your pc then install them on your phone. You need an app called "app installer" on your phone to due so. You download an app (.apk file) to your pc then put it on your sd card and access it using app installer. This is great when an app is no longer available on the market but can still be downloaded from the developers site. Curvefish has a bluetooth toggler that I had to use this method to obtain. Also a great way to backup your apps.

There probably is some way to do it via developer mode and the SDK, but it would be much more trouble than it is worth due to the time having to look into it, get it setup, making a Google developer account, etc. (In my opinion).

Journeyman

You can also do this with Astro File Manager.  Put the .apk file on your SD card in the "backups" > "apps" folder.  Then open the Astro program, go to Menu > Tools > Application Manager/Backup.  Hit the "backed up apps" tab, check mark the app you want and hit install.  This sounds a lot more complex then it really is.

Sprint Product Ambassador

Cool!  Had not checked out Astro File Manager. (I love this community - I learn new stuff every day)

Thank you for the post and the pointer.  New toy to play with tonight.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Astro is most definetely one of my favorite apps.  It totally manages your SD card.  You can use it to back-up apps, install, delete and keep track of used vs available memory and set up files of different things.  I love this app!

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.