cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I get videos & pics off my phone to my computer with the USB cable?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Can I get videos & pics off my phone to my computer with the USB cable?

Can I get videos & pics off my phone to my computer with the USB cable?  When I plug in the cable and mount it, the only thing I find in the folders is "saved pictures and videos" which are things that other people have sent me. Why can't I save my pictures and videos off my phone? Or can I??

I have seen other people ask this question but nobody has answered it yet!

HELP!!  I don't want to load every video I have on youtube just to get it off my phone....

Message was edited by: loganalexa1

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Can I get videos & pics off my phone to my computer with the USB cable?

Yes u can transfer video and pictures u take from your phone to pc.Once u mount your phone a window on the pc comes up make sure to click under general options open folder to view files in the menu on the pc. Now go to a folder called dcim now for me my video is in the sub folder camera and most of my picture are in the sub folder 100ssmed. Hope this helps u.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes! That helped a lot!!  Thank you!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Wait a minute, why is there no sound on my videos??  There is sound on my phone, and there is sound when I upload from my phone straight to youtube, but when I get it off my phone on to the computer, there is no sound.  And, yes, the sound on my computer is on....

Highlighted
Journeyman

What media player are u using to watch the videos? I ask because the video format is 3gpp a mobile phone format and windows media player does not support that format. VLC player will play the picture but not sound for 3gpp format.  I use QuickTime player to watch my phone videos.

Highlighted
Journeyman

If u want to convert your file into something that will play on other media players i suggest Pazera free 3gp to avi converter 1.3. It also does mpg. Avi and mpg format is supported by most media players

Journeyman

I worked long and hard to get the videos off my Moment phone. It turned out to be so easy. Go to your phone and click on brower and type in photobucket and install it in your phone. You can move all your pics and videos over to it then you can see them on any computer..

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks so much. Saved me a trip to the Sprint store.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm so happy that I was able to help someone. I had videos on my phone of my Moma while she was in Hospice. I was so sleep deprived that after she passed I didn't even remember. Then one day I was playing with my phone and found the videos. Needless to say, the videos are priceless. I refused to stop until I found a way to get them off my phone.

God Bless,

Shari

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat