cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a Samsung moment handle a 32GB Micro SD card?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Can a Samsung moment handle a 32GB Micro SD card?

I bought my Samsung Moment last year and I had the Sprint store install a 16GB Micro SD card.  Since I never had an Android phone before, the girl insisted that I'd probably never use up that much storage.

Fast forward to today, I've started getting error messages that my Micro SD card is nearly full.  I'll admit it.  I love to download apps & I'm very used to having my data on my phone.

I backed up my 16GB Micro SD card to my computer tonight - just in case the storage error causes me to be unable to use the phone.

Here's my question.  Even though the manual that came with the Samsung Moment indicates that I can only use a micro SD card less than or equal to 16GB, is it safe to use a 32GB micro SD card?  I found an online spot to buy one but I don't want to fry my phone or my data.

Need advice from someone who has installed 32GB in thier phone.  Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Can a Samsung moment handle a 32GB Micro SD card?

I work for sprint and yes the samsung moment supports a microSDcard up to 32GB.

Sprint Product Ambassador

Re: Can a Samsung moment handle a 32GB Micro SD card?

However, the error message you are getting may not be from your SD card being full.

The Moment (and all Android phones) have a limited amount of ROM to install applications.  You mentioned that you like do download and install apps.  If you have more than 40 or 50 apps installed from the market, you may be pushing the limits of the free ROM in your phone.

If you'd like please post the exact error message you're getting here.  It could help others to troubleshoot the same problem.

Thanks!

Will

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat