cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive text messages from AT&T friends ?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Can't receive text messages from AT&T friends ?

I have a Samsung moment.  and since I got it six weeks ago I can't receive text messages from AT&T customers.  they can get mine.  My mom has a sprint Incognito and she can receive messages from my friends.  Mom has called Sprint three times trying to check on this and they don't seem to see a problem.  Has anyone else experienced this problem that could tell me what to say to Sprint to get this corrected?

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Journeyman

Have you installed the new 2.1 download yet? This should help resolve this problem. Let us know.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I can't get picture mail from iphone users but sprint says it's a problem with my phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I recently purchased a 4G Evo and I'm having the same problem, even after updating my profile and calling customer service numerous times..  I'm not sure what the problem is, but I recently changed my phone number and was receiving texts just fine on the old number.  Any ideas?  Getting very annoyed.  Sprint simply says it's not their problem, it's AT&Ts.  What to do?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I barely receive texts from Sprint phones.  I have 3 lines and it takes World War 4 for us to send and receive texts from each other.  I barely get reception in my house.  Cant use the phone on my basement so in case of a tornado Im SOL.  Anyway, Sprint service just sucks.  Sprint is cheaper than most carriers but you certainly get what you pay for..............NOTHING!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Odd.  Texting is my main form of communication and I've not had any problems sending or receiving from any other carriers.  I T-Mobile, AT&T (my sister's iPhone), Verizon and Sprint are ones with whom I communicate on a daily basis.

Perhaps it's regional?  I'm in San Diego (northern Mexico) if that makes a difference.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've had this problem in the past.  It took Sprint 2 months to figure out that some of my texts were getting routed through Nextel servers instead of Sprint.  None of the customer care or tech support reps could figure out what was wrong.  It wasn't until it got escalated to the network engineers that they were able to fix it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

i am having the same problem. Messages from at@t phones will not come to my Evo. Called and chatted with tech support and still nothing. I guess my phone is going back. This is a huge problem.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I took my Evo back and got another one at a different sprint location and all is good now. Not sure what the issue was but at least it's fixed now.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat