cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't reply to some text msgs on Moment

Journeyman

Re: Can't reply to some text msgs on Moment

I can't speak for Handcent, as I was using Chomp and getting the problem.  I have uninstalled Chomp and I'm just using the factory messaging app and it works great for me.

Journeyman

Same problem here but with a twist. I can originate text messages or reply to them to everyone on my contact list except one. My wife. She and I both got Samsumg Moment phones yesterday and no matter what I do, I cannot reply to her text messages without receiving that error message. She can reply to mine just fine. She had been in my contact list without the area code but I changed it after we got our new phones to add the area code.

I am a complete noob when it comes to text messaging and have no idea what messaging software is being used except whatever came with the Moment. I need help. Do I need to do a factory reset or what?

John

Journeyman

i have the same problem as John... I can text anyone in my contact list and not have a problem but when texting my wife i have to go to my contacts and act like I'm starting a brand new thread to get it to send anything to her. It will work a few times but it will eventually drop the area code and send me an error when i reply.... very frustrating... I also tried clearing out my contact storage and resyncing, deleting all of the messages, and verified that i had the 10 digit number in my phone and it still drops the area code... my wife has a palm pixi if that helps anything

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat