cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't transfer data to PC.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Can't transfer data to PC.

I bought the data cable and finally got my PC to recognize my Moment but the only action supported is updates. Can someone tell me how to enable other services on my phone? I'm using "Samsung New PC Studio." I'm open to any suggestions short of buying a different phone . Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman IRM
Journeyman

Re: Can't transfer data to PC.

cplgunn wrote:

I bought the data cable and finally got my PC to recognize my Moment but the only action supported is updates. Can someone tell me how to enable other services on my phone? I'm using "Samsung New PC Studio." I'm open to any suggestions short of buying a different phone . Thanks!

Not sure why you had to buy a data cable since the phone comes with the needed USB cable. Also, while having the necessary drivers loaded on your PC could be the underlying issue, in my experience you shouldn't need to use PC Studio. Anyway, there are several threads here addressing this issue. Please do a search for those, which I suspect will be informative as other users have figured this problem out.

As a workaround, though, you could try accessing the phone via FTP and your home wifi network. It requires the download of some software to your PC (FileZilla) and an app to your phone (SwiFTP). Essentially, your PC makes an FTP connection to the phone. FileZilla permits you to drag and drop files as desired. Here's an instructional link: http://forum.sdx-developers.com/android-2-1/wireless-access-to-your-sd-card/

Good luck.

Journeyman

Kinda curious as to why you need PC Studio to transfer data... what specs are your PC if I may ask?  If it can run Windows 2000/XP or better, it should be good to go without anything.  Linux, I'm a greenhorn on that stuff, best to ask another user on that if you're running on Penguin.

Sprint Product Ambassador

What specifically do you want to transfer to your PC?

Photos / Videos: Connect phone to PC. Swipe down and choose "USB Drive Mode".  Copy files from e:\DCIM to C:\My Documents\My Photos

Music:  As above, but e:\music

SMS / Call Logs?  Download My Backup Pro from the market.  Save to SD card.  Copy files from e:\  to c:\My Documents

Tether your phone to your computer to use the phone for your internet connection?  Sorry, not supported by Sprint on the Moment.

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat