cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Carnival Cruise Ship roaming.

Journeyman

Carnival Cruise Ship roaming.

Can I still use my Samsung Moment while sailing on a Carnival Cruise Ship?  We have the simply everything plan.  Are there additional roaming charges while at sea?

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES
Wizard

Re: Carnival Cruise Ship roaming.

Just got back from a cruise on Carnival, and your Sprint phone will work at sea. I turned mine on one day at sea to charge it up and unexpectedly got a text message. It told me I would be charged $.05 for incoming and $.50 for outgoing text messages. So you will definitely be charged a premium rate for cruise ship roaming - the roaming that is included with Simply Everything is domestic roaming. I would recommend shutting your phone off or putting it in Airplane mode before you leave the port if you are worried about charges.

Take a look at the details here:

http://shop.sprint.com/en/services/worldwide/cruise_ship_roaming_sprint.shtml

Wizard

To avoid accidental roaming, I set my phone to Sprint Only networks.  From a home screen, tap menu, settings, wirless & networks, mobile networks, system select, home only.  This selection may not be the best choice for some folks, but it's a good one for me, considering my personal phone usage.  This also would let you turn your phone on to test whether there are any Sprint towers nearby.

Journeyman

Just remember that voice services while on the boat are $2.99 per minute. 

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.