cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could someone with the Samsung Moment helpe me out?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Could someone with the Samsung Moment helpe me out?

Well, I have the Samsung Moment. I've had it for a month already. I really like this phone, but I'm having trouble getting a distinct place for the ringtones I download. I would like to set a ringtone I downloaded as my text message ringtone, but I can't seem to figure out how to do it. Actually did it once, but I can't get back to how I did it. Can anyone help me out? Thanks!

And seeing all of the views I got in the past half hour, there should be someone that can help. Please don't view if you're not gonna help

I need help finding the LOCATION of where and how I can save tones to my "ringtones" and not my music. I create my own ringtones with no problem. Just assigning them to where I want to is the only problem

Message was edited by: toddtyree20

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Could someone with the Samsung Moment helpe me out?

Well you should be able by going into the native messaging app and selecting Settings>Notifications>Select Ringtone.  You should be able to find it there.  Most of the time if you download an mp3 and want to use it as a ringtone it will appear in the same folder as your music files.  I sincerely hope I was able to help you, best of luck!

Highlighted
Journeyman

There are hundreds, if not thousands of FAQ's/guides on doing this... just use your magical google powers to find it.

Highlighted
Wizard

toddtyree20 wrote:

Well, I have the Samsung Moment. I've had it for a month already. I really like this phone, but I'm having trouble getting a distinct place for the ringtones I download. I would like to set a ringtone I downloaded as my text message ringtone, but I can't seem to figure out how to do it. Actually did it once, but I can't get back to how I did it. Can anyone help me out? Thanks!

And seeing all of the views I got in the past half hour, there should be someone that can help. Please don't view if you're not gonna help/

(emphasis in original post added)

I am sorry, but I have a couple of problems complying here:

1.  How do I know, before viewing your post, whether I know the answer to your question and can and will help you?

2.  How do I know, before viewing your post, that you do not want me to view your post unless I know the answer and can and will help you?

Highlighted
Journeyman

When I go to "Ringtones", it only shows the preloaded ones that came with the phone and not the ones I've downloaded/

Highlighted
Patron

I am a total dunce when it comes to downloading ringers to my phone, but I found a really easy website that does all the work for me, plus it's FREE.

Try http://www.myxer.com

You can make your own ringtones from your own music. Once you make the ringtone, it will text it to you phone and then all you need to do is download it to your phone by touching the link. Once it's downloaded, it will show up in your ringtones. I just did it tonight with my new Samsung Moment.

Hope this helps!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/

There is a free program online called Audacity. Download it use it. Its like having a mixing board on your computer. You can cut songs, combine 2 or more songs together, control decibel levels, etc. I use it all the time for making new ringtones from mp3's.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Problem is this isn't a moment related issue.. it is an android related issue.. but i have come to tell you there is an easy solution

search the android marketplace for a program called Rings Extended.. It will let you select any mp3 you have on your sdcard and use it as a ringtone

Highlighted
Journeyman

my apologies if someone posted this I just scanned real quick.

Use Ringdroid from the market.  Easy to use

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just did it from myxer. It seems to store it as an option in the ringtones section, but I dont see it in the music folder. I know there are tons of questions around this, but the myxer download does seem to work. Has anyone on this thread created the folder structure suggested in other threads through the root SDcard? I haven't used the Android Market, but that seems to work.

To the person who used myxer, do can you see your ringtone in the music section?

Listed here

http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/25403

Highlighted
Journeyman

I didn't know about the Rings Extended or Ringdroid, so I learned something new too!  Gotta Love the Android OS!  for individual ringers you can go into your contacts and edit the contact, there is a field to set a ringer for a specific number.  Moment also has the ability to set a specific number to go directly to Voicemail (gotta love that!)

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hook your moment to your PC via the USB cable.  Mount your SD card, make a folder called ringtones, one called notifications, and one called alarms.

Call ringtones go into ringtones, Text / email tones go in notifications, and alarm tones go into alarms. This worked just fine for me, make the folders, copy your stuff into them, safely remove card from your PC (USB eject, otherwise it sometimes gets a little bitch), and voila.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat