cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Craptastic

Highlighted
Patron

Craptastic

Where to start...hmmmm.  Coming from AT&T Blackberry and using my friends TMobile G1 I had such high hopes for this phone.  I was wrong...way wrong.  Here is a quick list of problems the phone has since purchasing:

• random reboots
  • random "airplane mode" being turned on
  • screen goes blank during calls and will not come back...or takes 5 seconds to come back...without keyboard
  • takes 2 rings before the screen come on
  • battery life is just stupid...best I can get is 6 hours and that is with everything turned off and barely using the device
  • apps just starting by themselves
  • why would you not have an "auto" on the flash?
  • SMS is buggy and needs work
  • grinds to a halt when using for no reason

I really hope there are some updates coming out real soon.

5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

Re: Craptastic

First half of 2010 is when the OS upgrade will happen.  Wether or not there will be a bug fix for those KNOWN problems before then, nobody knows.

Journeyman

I purchased this Moment to be able to watch the TV mode while waisting time at airports.  It has never worked in the 2 months since I purchased it.  Anyone have any thoughts as to why it doesn't work?

Journeyman

I have to suggest exchanging the phone for a replacement. I went months with these problems until I finally gave up and switched phones after reading posts where others suggested that solved their problems. The first replacement was worse than the original, but my current phone is MUCH better. Easily get a whole day of battery life with regualr usage, GPS works 90% of the time, no random reboots, etc. The only problem I still have is random airplane mode. FYI, you have to make sure you have the CL14 update as well. Neither of the two replacements I got was updated when I recieved it.

Journeyman

the battery does take some conditioning.  I was at first getting about 5-7 hours of battery life.  After working at conditioning the battery (which I am still working on) I get at least 12 hours of use.

I am not having some of your issues at all and some of them I am experiencing hopefully the update will fix some of these.

Journeyman

Interestingly, I did do the conditioning on all three phones I had. It seemed to make little to no difference on the first two and had a very significant postive effect on the last one. What is more interesting however, is that the battery was the same in the last two. I think it is really more about how accurately the meter app displays the charge rather than the charge of the battery itself.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat