cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom ringtones!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Custom ringtones!

How do you put custom ringtones on the Samsung Moment? With my Instinct I had a website that I would upload my songs to. Then I would cut and send the mp3 to my phone via a weblink and download the mp3 and viola! But they don't work on the Moment. I made a custom folder and edited a few mp3s and put them on my SD card but the phone doesn't recognize them on the card. If anyone has put custom ringers on there phone can you please list a detailed description of how you did so?

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Journeyman

Take a look at this thread.  It might help with your ringers.

http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/24022?tstart=30

Highlighted
Journeyman

There's and application that's available on Android Market that allows you to edit your own audio files, and it's free.

http://code.google.com/p/ringdroid/

There might be better apps than this one by now, but I can't say since I don't have an Android phone yet.

Message was edited by: GMT365

Highlighted
Journeyman

Whoops, I accidentally posted twice.

Message was edited by: GMT365

Highlighted
Wizard

http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/129514#129514

There is also details in that thread.  Just make the folders on the SD card and put ringers in there.  Then unmount the card and they will show up.  Name your folder "ringers".

You can also use RingDroid from the Market to make them from MP3s on your phone already.

Alternatively, your phone will recognize any MP3 you put on your SD card and pull it up on the music app.  Play the "song" (ringtone) from the music app and hit menu while it is playing and then set it as a ringer.  Simple as that.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have been unable to download MP3 ringers from my favorite source, Myxer.com.  Phone says it does not support the ringers.  Anyone else having problems downloading standard MP3 ringers?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I found Ringers Extended in the Market. I like it. It pulls up all the audio files on your SD card and in your phone. There is another kind of easy alternative. Put the custom mp3 on your SD card. Go to your music app. Find the desired song in the list. Press and hold that song until a menu appears. You will see an option to use that song as a ringer. And that's that. Try it out!

Highlighted
Journeyman

LOL - exact suggestion posted under #4!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've been able to load audio files into the Moment and assign as ringtones, however, it doesn't seem to recognize WMA files. Is it limited to MP3 file format for ringtones?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Has anyone figured out how to assign a ringtone, other than the ones included with the moment, to notifications and text messages?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I downloaded ringtones from myxer.com to my pc and then used the sd card to drag them there. I got them all to work well and assigned them. I then downloaded the pc studio and can now download them right to my phone with no problem. The wma files I don't know since I didn't have any but the pc studio is suppose to convert them. I downloaded that from another link in this forum.

Message was edited by: AmberAA1

Highlighted
Journeyman

D/L Rings Exended from the market.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat