cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customizing Home Screens (Widgets, Shortcuts and Folders)

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Customizing Home Screens (Widgets, Shortcuts and Folders)

1. I noticed you can add downloaded apps to your home screens as Widgets or Shortcuts to the app.  What's the difference?
  2. Once you add a folder to your home screen (awesome feature by the way), what's the quickest way to add downloaded applications and Web site bookmarks to it?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Journeyman

All 3 homescreens are full (you do know you have 3 by default, right)? You can get a homescreen substitute to add more if you need it.  I use GDE ($, but worth it). Some people use Pandahome.  You can have up to 7 homescreens.  I use 5 and try to organize them by type (music, games, apps, etc.), and use folders for contact speed dials and map apps.  I just let the browser handle the web shortcuts and use the built in list.

You can move an icon or folder to one of the other home screens by long press, then drag to the side till the screen changes. Then drop the icon on the other screen.

If you're full, then I would delete 1 icon, add a folder, then drage other icons into it and then re-add the icon you deleted.  That way you only have to actually delete one and it gives you more room to work.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Journeyman

Forgot to add, for quesion #2 I ask this because earlier I created a folder on my Moment home screen then added a couple of Web bookmarks to it.  I later reopened the folder and tried to add other bookmarks and apps to it, but the "Add" option was greyed out in the menu.

Highlighted
Journeyman

You can just add them to your homescreen, then long hold them and drag them to the folder.

Highlighted
Journeyman

My problem is I am out of space on my home screen to add bookmarks .  So I can't drag them to the new folder because I can't add them to begin with.  I know I can delete some stuff to make room for the bookmarks, then drag them into the folder.  But there should be an easier way to do this.

Another question, why can't we delete the default useless apps like Nascar?  Why are we forced to have it on our screens?  Sprint can't force us to like Nascar.  I thought this was an open, fully configurable platform.

Highlighted
Journeyman

All 3 homescreens are full (you do know you have 3 by default, right)? You can get a homescreen substitute to add more if you need it.  I use GDE ($, but worth it). Some people use Pandahome.  You can have up to 7 homescreens.  I use 5 and try to organize them by type (music, games, apps, etc.), and use folders for contact speed dials and map apps.  I just let the browser handle the web shortcuts and use the built in list.

You can move an icon or folder to one of the other home screens by long press, then drag to the side till the screen changes. Then drop the icon on the other screen.

If you're full, then I would delete 1 icon, add a folder, then drage other icons into it and then re-add the icon you deleted.  That way you only have to actually delete one and it gives you more room to work.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Journeyman

>>All 3 homescreens are full (you do know you have 3 by default, right)?

Yes, they're all full.

>>I use GDE ($, but worth it). Some people use Pandahome.  You can have up to 7 homescreens.  I use 5 and try to organize them by type (music, games, apps, etc.), and use folders for contact speed dials and map apps.

Great tips, thanks!  I heard about GDE, but when I go to the app market I find so many GDE apps.  A bit confusing.  Which one are you referring to?  Or are they all pretty much the same but with different design?  I also read that GDE can slow the unit down a bit.  Did you find that to be the case?

>>If you're full, then I would delete 1 icon, add a folder, then drage other icons into it and then re-add the icon you deleted.  That way you only have to actually delete one and it gives you more room to work. I just let the browser handle the web shortcuts and use the built in list.

I likes.  Will do the same.

>>You can move an icon or folder to one of the other home screens by long press, then drag to the side till the screen changes. Then drop the icon on the other screen.

I was hoping there was a way to do this.  I did the long press and drag, but did not wait until the screen changed.  Thanks for clarifying how to do it.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat