cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DI06 vs DI18 showing up online?

Wizard

Re: DI06 vs DI18 showing up online?

rsnelson0,

If the baseband version and build number on your phone are both showing DI06, you're good...no further action needed.  There actually were two updates for DI06 - one for the baseband version and one for the build.  Both of these were OTA (over the air).

In addition to the OTA push, they've also posted an OTW update for those who prefer to use that method.  I am checking with the product manager on the reference to DI18 in the OTW download.  I want to ensure the correct file was provided for download.

Either way, there is nothing else you need to do...your phone is current.

Journeyman

Mine is showing up as all DI18. It is worth it to note that the exploit for getting root on any device (Rage Against the Cage) has been fixed in DI18. Not sure what else was changed but that for sure was not in DI06.

Wizard

4512jth,

I think you must have a leaked and/or preliminary version of the next release.  We are currently re-loading the DI06 file to sprint.com/downloads as a precaution to make sure the correct version is available there on the noted date (10/6).   I'm not sure what kind of results you may be getting with this software version since it is not ready for production...it's ultimately up to you, but I'd recommend reloading DI06 when it's officially available via OTW tomorrow.

Journeyman

I dev kernels for the device, I love this stuff I take it that Samsung will not release the source code for this release then? Also, please let me know when you reup it, I would like to take a look at it.

Wizard

Well then, you probably know way more about the software than I doSmiley Happy.  Will definitely let you know when it's been reloaded...I'm expecting later today even though the official date is tomorrow.

Journeyman

One more thing. Since you're here, could you tell me the possibility of Sprint pushing my upgrade date from January to now because of the many many many issues that haven't been fixed and probably won't be fixed in MR4?

Wizard

Not my area, but, it's doubtful based on other posts I've seen on that subject.   You could always go to your local Sprint store and ask...never hurts to ask.

Journeyman

dshoem01,

Yes, my phone is up to date now but the point is that I had to manually trigger the second half of the update by going through the system menu and selecting firmware update.

I just checked my son's moment and it also only had only the build portion updated -- the baseband had not been updated yet.  Again, he took the OTW update and assumed the phone was completely updated.

I would bet almost all other phones are also in the same situation as there are no hints that the update was not completed.

The funny thing is my phone seemed to have incredible battery life with it half updated.  I was going full two days without recharging it.  The phone is back to 'normal' (meaning plug it in at night) now that the second half of the update has been applied.

Thanks for looking into the DI06 vs DI18 OTW issue.

Wizard

The OTW download is now available.

Journeyman

Remember rsnelson0, the OTW update IS the full update. The OTA (Over the Air) update is not. Also, will edit this post with my findings of the newest sprint update.

EDIT: Ok, the update released is now DI06A, which is different from DI06 but it might just be a file naming fail.

Message was edited by: 4512jth

Journeyman

DI18.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat