ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data lockup / Airplane mode issues - please report if you see this

Journeyman

Re: Data lockup / Airplane mode issues - please report if you see this

I don't have any more problems. I got Sprint to buy it back for $100.... $51 buy back plus $49 credit.

Then I asked retention to move up my upgrade date. I am getting an HTC Evo. No more Samsung.

Journeyman

DJ07 has made things worse on my phone.  Before, I would get problems when using WiFi and occasional issues if I was strictly on the cell network.  Now, my phone will lock up minutes of any data intensive activity -- loading a large web page for example.

I did notice something interesting with the update.  One time it locked up with the up arrow while browsing.  Soon the EVDO display disappeard. I could not browse.  A few minutes later EVDO came back and everything was just fine.

Yesterday though my phone locked up when it on my desk in standby.  I picked it up and noticed the EVDO display was gone.  I could not make a call, I could not browse. I rebooted and check voice mail -- I had missed one call.

The screen lock problems seems to be fixed though.

Journeyman

The DJ07 update has made my phone worse as well. Prior to the update I had religously reboot the phone after any use of Wi-Fi. I have only been using Wi-Fi at home as we are right on the edge reliable cell coverage. By rebooting the phone I hadn't had a data lockup in months. Now since the upgrade the data lockups have returned. I am using the phone just the same as before. The only difference is the update.

Chuck

Journeyman

My issue seems to be that my phone will jump to airplane mode on its own, and requires a reboot to be useful again. It's gotten worse since the last update. Argg...

Journeyman

I also have random switching to airplane mode on my Moment.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Data lockup / Airplane mode issues - please report if you see this

I had the same issue even after the DJ07 update.  Rooted my phone and added a Froyo 2.2 custom Rom that was ported from a Trasform and have not had any since then.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat