cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone else have problems with samsung moment losing sound even when you have it set to highest possible volume on all settings?

Journeyman

Does anyone else have problems with samsung moment losing sound even when you have it set to highest possible volume on all settings?

Does anyone else have the problem of losing sound on samsung moment even when phone is set on highest possible audible setting on all applications?  This happened after the last update.  Please help!

5 REPLIES 5
Patron

Re: Does anyone else have problems with samsung moment losing sound even when you have it set to highest possible volume on all settings?

It is yet another bug with the Moment.  There is no permament fix, some say plugging a headset in the jack and unplugging will help, rebooting the phone, or sometimes turn the phone on silent for a few minutes then turning it back up but the sound comes and goes.

Wizard

Re: Does anyone else have problems with samsung moment losing sound even when you have it set to highest possible volume on all settings?

In response to your question, I have not experienced this problem.

However, I use a program called "Setting Profiles" which adjusts my settings automatically.  Perhaps using Android code to update settings is better than manually updating through the stock OS.  There is a free app called "Quick Settings" that does a great job at adjusting settings.  Perhaps try using an app to change sound settings instead of through the stock OS.

Journeyman

I too have that problem too. I took it in to my local sprint and they basically said the phone does not have a big enough processor for all the apps it has and it causes glitches. They downladed "advanced task killer" from the android market and told me to use it throughout the day and it shuts off alot of the apps momentarily. But I have still had this problem it is frustating cause will be waiting for a call and miss it cause it went into silent mode without showing it is in silent mode. I was using it as an alarm clock and it would not go off because in the night sometime it went into silent mode so had to stop doing that. The only way I can get the sound back is shut off the phone and turn it back on. Going into silent mode has not worked for me. I have had this phone for 13 months and have 251 days left until my full upgrade. Not sure I am going to make it cause this phone is about to go out the window.

Journeyman

Finally, people who have the same exact problem as me. I have no sound for all applications . I can answer the phone but no one can hear me, and I can not hear them. Sound sometimes comes back for a few seconds. Reboots do not help.

I also am at the 14 month mark in my contract. The Sprint store wants to only give me $75 towards a new phone, or wants to charge me $35 just to take a look at the phone (whether they fix it or not) . From what I read, this phone has serious design flaws. I am going to transfer my phone number to my previous Sprint phone for the remainder of my contract.

Sprint Employee

Hi tjctt52, for something like you have described I would usually suggest having the phone tested in store,  but if you feel it began with the software update then you may want to consider backing up your data and performing a factory reset.this problem usually is the result of debris or corrosion within the headset port, although other factors can cause this to happen.

No longer working Community Response.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat