cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-mail problems

Highlighted
Journeyman

E-mail problems

I'm looking for advice - I have been using my Samsung Moment to send and receive e-mail through a separate IMAP account I have through 1and1.com for several months now.  It has worked very well up until now, aside from the issue that others have reported where the phone sometimes stops checking for new e-mail unless you prompt it or turn it off and back on.

Yesterday, inexplicably, everything got very buggy.  If I turn my phone off and then back on, it will download e-mail, but within a minute they all disappear and it says "communication error" at the top.  The phone won't connect again unless I restart it, and then it only lasts for a minute or so.  When the e-mails first load, it also displays phantom e-mails that aren't actually in my account.  I've tried deleting the account and setting it up again, and the same thing happens.  I have the same IMAP account hooked up to Outlook on my computer, and it's been working fine there, so I don't think it's a problem with my e-mail server.

Anyone have any advice?  Is there another e-mail app to use?  Thanks!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat