cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email problems

Journeyman

Email problems

I just got my moment last week, and so far I love it but of course I can't figure out something. I set up a personal email (pop) I don't want to use google right now. I am able to receive and send, but I have 3 messages in my outbox from before I had it working correctly and it won't let me delete them any suggestions. Also how do I empty the trash folder? I can delete but it ends up back in trash anyway.

5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

Re: Email problems

Major bug.  You Can't. There is no empty trash command, and messages can't be deleted.

Journeyman

Is it possible to connect to the mail account via IMAP rather than POP?

Journeyman

Thanks for the replies, but I think I have solved the problems myself. First I deleted this particular email account and then set it up again, which took care of the outbox problem. As far as the trash folder it seems that if i delete the messages twice (in a row I think) then they are gone. Keeping my fingers crossed that it's corrected.

Journeyman

I had same problem, and by trial and error, found by doing the same thing, they are gone from trash. pain in the ass though, delete from inbox, then delete from trash.

as you said must delete twice, so thus delete once, go back to trash folder, open again, delete again, go back to folder and it is removed in a few seconds, and you must repeat process over and over for each email. best advice, don't let the emails build up.

Hopefully a update / patch will resolve this issue in the future.

Journeyman

I also experienced the problem with deleting email.  I had to delete it so many times to get rid of it, I gave of and stopped using the Moment for email.  The new Android firmware update (I think it came out 5/14/10) fixed the problem.  There is still not an option for emptying the Trash, but a single delete per email now gets rid of them.  Also, the strange thing that happened when using the phone where it would put the caller on hold and redial their number seems to have been corrected.  Follow all of the instructions carefully and be sure you sync your contacts and calendar with Google before you begin so you can get it back when the update is complete.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat