ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experience with 2.2 for the Moment.

Journeyman

With all the threads about 2.2 being popped up, I felt like starting one dedicated for those with 2.2 on their phone who would like to share their experience with it. I've had it for two days so far, and literally -every- complaint that I had about the phone has been solved. I no longer have significant delays in opening up programs. If I want to send a text, I don't have to wait 5-7 seconds to start typing. I no longer send double texts (my phone did it every 3-4 texts...seemed like it was tied into the lag). I no longer have to push the button multiple times to turn the screen on. I don't have all the bloatware. I haven't experienced any data lock-up/airplane mode problems. I haven't had to restart the phone once. I haven't had to resend a text because it wouldn't go through. I can keep going on, but I figure you get the picture. The BEST part, though, is the battery life. With some moderate use (mostly texting, reading emails), I would drain the battery down to at least "connect your charger" every single night. For the past few days, with the same use, I haven't gone below 50%.

I'm really starting to wonder...were Sprint/Samsung really too stupid to release this and fix all the problems the Moment was having? Were they so stuck on getting everyone to buy a new phone in order to get 2.2/2.3 that they were going to screw all their Moment owners? I don't really care about the answers to those questions, because I've already made up my mind that I will never be owning another Samsung (maybe even Sprint, if I can convince the rest of the people on my plan to switch, which shouldn't be too hard) phone. I'll definitely be thinking twice about any of their other products as well. There will be plenty of companies with their shit together (pardon my language), and I'll be supporting them with my dollars.

Now that my rant is done...anyone else with 2.2 on their Moment or anyone with questions, feel free to chime in!

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Journeyman

I too have installed a custum Froyo 2.2 ROM from SDX that was ported from a Trasform.  Just like you reported almost every issue I had with my Moment is gone.  It still isn't perfect but I no longer feel like throwing it againt a wall and driving over the thing.  My GPS works as is accurate to about 15 feet, it no longers gets constant data locks, it has not mysteriously gone into airplane mode, it no longer becomes unresponsive when I try to make a call, and the battery lasts a couple of hours longer. So, I suggest anyone who doesn't have a choice but to keep this steaming pile of defecation, to try rooting your phone and installing some Frozen Yogurt on your phone.

Journeyman

I've spent way too much time myself installing roms, trying to find the best one.  Sometimes I think I should just go the route I did on my wife's phone - rooted 2.1, mainly to get rid of bloatware and to use the dalvik cache to cache mod (more room for apps!).  Phone is stable, gps works, but wifi still causes lockups.  My phone is currently running tEF09v014 (newest Transform-based rom).  Phone is stable so far, gps is not as good as it was in 2.1, wifi works without lockup (hardware issue my @ss!), but I can't use my bluetooth headset (worked in EB28).  apps2sd is a godsend on a phone with as little internal memory as the Moment has.

If anyone has a hankering to upgrade to 2.2, I strongly suggest an EB28 rom.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat