cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extremely poor video recording quality in 2.1 vs. 1.5

Journeyman

Extremely poor video recording quality in 2.1 vs. 1.5

The camcorder in 1.5 was acceptable for what our phones have hardware-wise however after the update to 2.1 it appears the camcorder quality is on par with a phone two years older.  There are large blocks and choppiness throughout and it's nowhere near as clear and smooth as 1.5 was.  I even reflashed 1.5 to verify that I wasn't just misremembering.

I'm not certain if I should expect an answer from Sprint Admins or if anyone else has heard anything, but is the issue of the poor recording quality of the camcorder in 2.1 being looked into?  If so, is an update planned for our phones to repair this issue?

If no answer from Sprint or Samsung is being given for this, has anyone found any replacement camcorder applications which have cleaner functionality?

Tags (2)
6 REPLIES 6
Journeyman

Re: Extremely poor video recording quality in 2.1 vs. 1.5

I have the same problem. I have video recorded on 1.5 that is way better quality then the video that I recorded on 2.1. And I have the proof of that. I hope they will address the issue and fix it. Not acceptable.

Journeyman

I've never used video recording in 1.5 but I've gotten reports from many others confirming this issue. There needs to be a Samsung run bug reporting site so people close to the programmers or programmers themselves can fix issues quickly.

Journeyman

After recording some video of my kids playing today and taking a look at the playback, I too noticed that the quality from the videos I took when my phone was on 1.5 to now under 2.1 has really gone south.  I replayed some of the videos taken under 1.5 and noticed that they were considerably better in quality than the video I took today.

I wonder if it has something to do with the still camera and video being consolidated into one app under 2.1 whereas in 1.5 the camera and video recorder were separate.  It's pretty disappointing that the update screwed this up.

Journeyman

I'd be worried if I didn't have an Android phone these days.  There seems to be a complete lack of concern for ones' customers here.

After no response from Sprint or Samsung (didn't expect it, really) I have found that the guys at SDX have created a fix for the video quality problems.  I would link it but not sure if that's against the rules or not.  They're the developers at SDX.

Journeyman

I would just like to add another unsatisfied customer as far as video is concerned. I uploaded videos to facebook all the time with my Pre, and they looked awesome. I got this moment right after the 2.1 update so i can't comment on the quality with 1.5, but 2.1 is horrible. I don't even want to upload or even take videos with the moment anymore, and that is one big thing i like to do with my phone. Sprint appeared to be unaware of the problem but the person I talked to was helpful and and dug around and found other people with the same issue. He also created a trouble ticket, or whatever it is called, for me. Hopefully other people call with this issue and it gets documented enough to get their attention and get fixed. So call Sprint and keep the ball rolling.

Journeyman

There is a thread on sdx-developers that fixes this problem. PM me for a link and instructions to install the new file.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat