cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flash support?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Flash support?

Does anyone know if android 2.1 will include flash support? I was looking at some videos on youtube with a different phone other than samsung moment and it showed playing games and stuff with 2.1...Anyone know anything?

6 REPLIES 6
Journeyman

Re: Flash support?

Android 2.1 is not going to bring flash support. only adobe could give flash support and adobe has said that the Moment will never have it because the CPU isn't up to snuff...

Sorry no flash for the Samsung Moment on 1.5 or 2.1.

Journeyman

wow 800mhz not enough....

Journeyman

The Droid just got its 2.1 update and it did not include Flash 10.1.  The Droid was specifically mentioned to be supported by Adobe but they apparently are not ready to release it yet.  Still hope for the rest of us.

Journeyman

http://www.flashmobileblog.com/2010/03/02/flash-player-10-1-installations-and-updates/

While the Evo, Nexus One, Moto Droid, & other Android devices with a ARM V7 Cortex processor will get a full version of Flash, the HTC Hero, Samsung Moment, & other Android will be getting an updated version of Flash Lite. According to the Flash Mobile Blog, an alpha build of the Flash Lite was good enough to play Farmville on. So there is a version of Flash coming to Sprint's Android phones, just not the full version. However, if Flash Lite is good enough to play Farmville, then it will get us pretty far versus an iPhone which still has ZERO Flash support. Currently 75% of most web pages uses Flash in one way or another. Android users get a much closer web experience than the iPhone.

I hope that answers your question as best as I know.

Peace.

Journeyman

I hope your right..Thats the main reason im hoping for it,facebook games as well as others

Journeyman

this is really bullcrap.  I have a nokia internet tablet that runs 400mhz and i can play youtube on it.  It has flash 9 on it.  I have a youtube video as proof under youtube.com/user/lordorwell2

if 400 can run flash9, surely 800 can run flash10?  I would be satisfied with flash lite!  Instead i have to be satisfied with the youtube player and transcoding to html5.  Truth be known though, every site worth watching probably has an app.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat