cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Yahoo to work with email

Highlighted
Patron

Getting Yahoo to work with email

Can anyone tell me how to setup a POP3 so my email shortcut will work with the moment?  I tried the automatic way and it says Setup could not finish because of "Plus" accounts. something about a POP3.  Can anyone help me with this problem, i go to manual setup and select POP3 but i am not sure what to do after that.  Anyone???

4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

Re: Getting Yahoo to work with email

Yahoo hasn't been playing nice (unless you've upgraded to the paid "Plus" account).

There are a couple of things that you can do to get Yahoo Mail setup...

1.  Manual setup using IMAP:

INCOMING
Imap server - imap.mail.yahoo.com
port - 143
security type - TLS (if available)

OUTGOING
SMTP Server- smtp.mobile.mail.yahoo.com
port - 25
security type - TLS (if available)
* check Require sign-in

2.  Changing your location on a computer - under:

mail.yahoo.com > mail options >

You should see POP & Forwarding; however, you shouldn't be given an option since it's been disabled in the US version of Yahoo unless you subscribe to "Plus"...

click on "Account Information" and then "Set Language, Site, and Time Zone"

Yahoo Asia actually gives you the option for POP & Forwarding - and then you can set it up per instructions as a POP3.

Either way, it doesn't work the best - you'll get periods of it not working or updating or synching...

Wizard

Well, you beat me on it.

I have been using it for awhile now on Hero.

Journeyman

this was really helpful. manual setup works nicely! thanks for the tip.

I am also looking for help on how to setup 2 yahoo email accounts on my samsung moment. is that possible?

thanks

Wizard

ngrewal1 wrote:

this was really helpful. manual setup works nicely! thanks for the tip.

I am also looking for help on how to setup 2 yahoo email accounts on my samsung moment. is that possible?

thanks

Yes it is. All you have to do is to give different names to the accounts. In my case I use Yahoo IDs instead of the name 'Yahoo' to differentiate the accounts

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat