cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gmail app not receiving emails automatically on Samsung Moment

Highlighted
Journeyman

Gmail app not receiving emails automatically on Samsung Moment

One problem we are seeing is that when going into the GMAIL app, the app pulls all the recent messages. No problem. But the phone does not automatically receive them. We checked the settings and it is set on "every 15 minutes" and EVDO is on, and we have good network reception. Something is just not working on the Gmail app (perhaps some other setting to adjust?) so that we get those emails in the right time frame.

Anyone else has seen this or knows the solution?

2 REPLIES 2
Journeyman

Re: Gmail app not receiving emails automatically on Samsung Moment

I have had my Moment for exactly a week now and just today, I have noticed this gmail issue!  Has this always been an issue with this phone or did this just start happening within the last day or so??  My gmail messages on the computer are all there, but there are a few that have not showed up at all...  Anyone else having this problem as well?

On a side note, I tried to send an email through gmail with 6 or 7 pics the other day and trying to send it basically froze my phone and locked gmail down so I couldn't see more than 10 emails, it was constantly loading...  about 40 mins later, the phone finally freed up and the email was sent...  Has anyone else tried doing this with the same result?  I am new to android, but I have done loads of research and I do not remember ever coming across a warning not to send several attachments at once.

Journeyman

Re: Gmail app not receiving emails automatically on Samsung Moment

I'm having the problem with gmail when I try to send a picture to facebook via email from my phone it took forever to sent. i look at my outbook and it still said sending after 3 hours and it was only one picture. Finally I had to shut my phone off for about a minute and turn back on and go into the email settings change things around so it would sent. Then it did it to me again I had to go in and resync my email and  refresh and finally it send the pictures to facebook. It was the first time that happened. Other than that I have no other compliants about my moment, I'm loving it.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat