cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guys I don't think I can take it anymore. I'm about ready to pay a little more and jump ship. I don't need the aggravation of this phone or Sprint.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Guys I don't think I can take it anymore. I'm about ready to pay a little more and jump ship. I don't need the aggravation of this phone or Sprint.

Anyone else notice that Sprint has removed the Moment from their web store and now the Samsung Transform is available?  Ha, it is such a garbage attempt at Sprint/Samsung trying to cover up how many people they have screwed over with the Samsung Moment.  Sprint/Samsung has still failed to provide a solution for the Moment owners, and have basically played stall tactics for 2 years blaming their defective garbage on individual users.

Sprint has absolutely the worst customer service.  When you speak with them on the phone it is hit or miss if you find someone who is informed.  They hang up on you forcing you to call back and wait through music and be transferred through several layers (I've never seen a company that had so many dropped calls from landlines).  Within their own company they deny and deny that issues exist, even if a problem has been posted through their own tech support.  I am ranting right now, but the only reason they have customers is because they are cheap.  I am ready to pay a little more to not have to waste my life fighting to have a working product.  Everyone can do as they please, but I recommend not spending another dime with a company if they have failed to address issues for which they are responsible.

Facebook Group -

Tags (2)
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: Guys I don't think I can take it anymore. I'm about ready to pay a little more and jump ship. I don't need the aggravation of this phone or Sprint.

I understand your frustration.  This is my 5th Moment in 11 months.  This phone has been horrible, and my 1 year option to upgrade is near.

Here is my viewpoint: I have not really needed customer service from Sprint, except when I got this phone.  The last time I remember using customer service must have been perhaps seven years ago, and the service was horrible.  Service has greatly improved since then, but I hopefully will never need to call them.

Thus, I am on the other side of the coin: I am not willing to pay extra for "superior" customer service because I don't plan on using it.  That's like paying $10 per month for 4G when my area doesn't have 4G coverage.  But that's a different forum topic. In summary, I am not convinced that a marginal improvement in customer service at other carriers will justify the price difference.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Guys I don't think I can take it anymore. I'm about ready to pay a little more and jump ship. I don't need the aggravation of this phone or Sprint.

Good point about the customer service.  It would definitely be a non-issue if my phone were working.  I guess that is why I am really frustrated, because my phone doesn't work and Sprint/Samsung aren't standing by their product/customer to fix the issue.  They basically are just throwing up the middle finger and saying thank you for being a sucker and keep paying us each month.

On the flipside I looked at the pricing of the other companies minus US Cellular and Sprint is the cheapest in town.  Geez, this is how they get away with doing what they have been doing.  Deep sigh....

Highlighted
Journeyman

For me, my Moment has become such a liability that I could literallly lose my job. I need to respond to pages/text messages, and can't afford to have my phone just stop working.  In the meantime, I've gone back to an old LG Rumor since I know it'll page me.  Even after the update to resolve the random airplane mode, my phone will randomly just stop responding to anything.  The only way I get it working again is by removing the battery, and then powering it back up.  My son has similar problems with his, so it's not just me.  The only reason I stay with Sprint is because it costs too much to walk away, but with my job at stake, maybe I can't afford not to walk away.

Highlighted
Wizard

It appears the problem is mostly with the phone, not with the Sprint network, considering that you are using an older model phone on the Sprint Network.  There are some options available that are worth considering:

1. Get a working phone:

a. Some folks have been able to swap their Moment for another model phone.  It may be a step down in specs, but that may be worth it for a newer phone that works.

b. Do the best you can with what you have, until the 1 year upgrade, then get a different phone.  This is the option I'm doing.  I've figured out various small things I can do to keep my phone working, like turning off wifi and rebooting if I go out of wifi range.  I really hope there will be some trade-in discount for my Moment that will make it worthwile! (not crossing fingers)

c. Buy a phone off the general market at full price.  I did this for my wife, and her contract expiration date did not change when I activated her new phone.

2. Leave Sprint and pay the cancellation fee.  Then sign a contract with another carrier with a phone that hopefully works.

You have to calculate for yourself the value of these options.  Both options have implications that should be considered.  With option 1, there is the cost of the phone, and Sprint is still Sprint, for better or worse.  With option 2, there is the cancellation fee, the cost of the new phone, possible activation fee, possible increase in the monthly plan rate, possible change in coverage areas, and you are working with a new company, for better or worse.

I hope the decision you make will be the right one for your personal circumstances.

Highlighted
Journeyman

If you want to get rid of your Samsung Moment (and who here doesn't want to get rid of it), you should be able to get a $50 credit for it at http://www.sprint.com/buyback

Also, if you push hard enough with Executive Services, you may be able to get them to waive the ETF or get you into another phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Executive Services has offered me the following, which I think I might have to accept:

-$100 credit for Moment (covers purchase price less rebate from April 2010)

-Reset my account for new customer pricing (gives me the ability to give Sprint more money but better then nothing)

-Waive ETF's if I choose to walk away.

So with the credit I can get a Hero for $49 or an EVO for $99.

At this point, it might be worth it to get away from these issues.

I am fighting them for service credit right now, but I know that will be a losing battle.

All I can say is, stay away from away Samsung product.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Do NOT get the Hero, or you'll find yourself repeatedly frustrated, all over again.  I had the phone for 10 months, and it was buggy and laggy enough that I've just decided to pay the ETF and switch to Verizon.  This is after I contacted Sprint customer service, to tell them that as a 10+ year customer, I'd like them to let me upgrade 2 months early.........and they promptly told me there's nothing they can do for me.  I even offered to just make my contract 2 years, 2 months so they'd still get the same $$ out of me in the end.  No can do, they weren't even willing to discuss options.  All I wanted was to get rid of a phone that sometimes literally had trouble operating as a phone.  So, bottom line, get the Evo.  Hero is already old/obsolete tech, and it shows.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat