cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hard reset?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Hard reset?

I am happy to see the Rom also.  I've bricked 2 Moments in the last 3 days and had to chase to the store each time and wait 2 hours while they tried to reset it before handing me a new phone.  The store is 30 minutes from my house so it is quite inconvient.

Anyway, the common programs that I was running each time it bricked were: 

Pandahome

advanced task manager

Handcent SMS

Pure calendar info

I had others loaded too but those are the only ones that I could think of that I had that would be starting as a service.  Out of the problems I seen one person was also running advanced task manager and one was running handcent.  I called Sprint and spoke with their android dept. and they stated they have seen problems with the task manager programs.  They did recommend taskiller.

I think I'll reinstall everything but a task manager and see how stable I am.  Then I'll put advanced task manager back on.  If I brick it I'll be trying that factory reset really soon. Even though the Sprint guy at the store said to stay clear from the apps I've put I feel the need to figure out what is causing the problem.

Highlighted
Journeyman

After my 5th bootloop tonight I decided to see to look up this thread cause I remember reading it a while ago.  Each time my phone has boot loop I have been testing different things to see if I could get it to happen again and try to find what was causing it.

1st loop:  A lot of apps installed including panda, task killer, and dolphin.
2nd loop:  Just panda, task killer, and dolphin.
3rd loop: Just panda, task killer, dolphin.
4th loop: Just gde(home replacement app), task killer, and dolphin.

5th loop: Just panda, task killer, and dolphin.  Panda had a stability update wanted to try again.

Also, I tried a long while between the 5th time without pandhome installed to try and get it to loop with just advanced task killer free

and dolphin browser with no luck.

So, after all that, and reading what others posted the main thing I have found in common are:

Openhome

Dxtop

Pandahome

GDE

So my question is: what do you guys think, desktop replacements = bootloops?

And if so......why

Message was edited by: crake001

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've been running on my latest moment just fine for a couple of weeks, Panda has been working fine on this one.  I did call Sprint support and talked with their Android team and they had said that task killer apps have been known to cause problems.  I've stayed away from installing them and have to say that I haven't any any problems with speed without one.

One other thing I had done this time around was reboot my phone after installing any app that will run as a service.  I had seen that posted somewhere else.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank You seriously. Just wanted you to know your experience is appreciated.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi everyone, Hard Reset is coming. It is in the recovery menu, but this is broken on CJ05.

I don't think I can get into details about hacking on here, but I do have a custom ROM that will get recovery working for you..

The recovery buttons are: VolDown+Call+Power

On an untouched CJ05, it will just boot loop, because Samsung broke recovery.

Using my custom ROM, I'm using a newer kernel, and recovery works.

I won't post my method here, but just stay patient, and it will work once again soon.

But, while I'm here, DO NOT TRY TO UPDATE TO CL14. Or you WILL have to exchange or hack your phone. Samsung's own program will brick your phone, so don't accept any updates until you get some official word from Sprint.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint really needs to force samsung to implement the kernel update.. Even if it is an update for a single problem, the recovery console has already saved me since using Zef's new kernel.. Would save sprint money (not having to replace the phones and a lot less customer rep time instore.. since we all know phone tech support is cheaper then instore tech support)

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ok, I think I have found the easiest way to bypass the lock.

Simply have someone call your phone, answer and then hang up then as fast as you can press the "Home" button and return to your original home. Then go to Email and email yourself or a different acount, and now you have the email to unlock your phone.

Sadly this does not help with reset.

Hope this helps! If not good luck!

Highlighted
Journeyman

hey android community. just wanted to give a warning to all samsung moment owners out there about this app called quick profiles. it caused me to have the boot loop twice in 3 day. it happens when you try to set a picture for your profile setting and them boom. you are stuck with system error messages which have the force close button. it doesnt help to hit it because it will come right back up. turn your phone off and then on and you will be stuck at the android or samsung boot loop. android for cj05 and samsung for cl14. thank goodness on the cl14 you can hard reset.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Weird - what version of Quick Profiles is it? I've been using it since I got my Moment.. and it's one of the handful that has been super reliable. I don't see a feature that allows me to use photos though.

The version I'm using is 1.6.1  It's possible I haven't updated it-- since the apps in my restored backup, post CL14 update, had to be reinstalled thru the market.

Message was edited by: decalex

Highlighted
Journeyman

its the one developed by softxperience. type in quick profiles in the market and it will be the 1st app at the top. the icon has a blue and green color with a grey background.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes-- that's it. Do you know what version you had the problem with?

Highlighted
Journeyman

the latest version i believe. i downloaded it and tried it on wednesday. as soon as i clicked on the picture i wanted to use it messed up.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat