cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I print a picture from my Moment to a bluetooth printer

Highlighted
Journeyman

How can I print a picture from my Moment to a bluetooth printer

I've been able to link my Moment via bluetooth to my Polaroid Pogo printer.  When I bring up a picture on my Moment there is no option to send via bluetooth or print to device or anything like that.  Am I missing something here?  Can I print directly from the Moment to a bluetooth device?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Journeyman

I think I've answered my own question.  Only contacts can be sent via bluetooth from the Moment.  No other file types can be sent via bluetooth.  I'm quite disappointed!  Even my old, featureless phone could send a picture to a bluetooth printer.

I don't suppose there are any cool little apps that can help me with this??

Message was edited by: belvajoan

Highlighted
Journeyman

Check out Bluex. I haven't tried it and the comments look like it works for some people and not others.

Highlighted
Journeyman

It specificall mentions that the Moment can be connected a printer via bluetooth. What would be the point of being able to connect to a printer with bluetooth if you were not able to print?  The Moment supports OPP.  It may need an app but the ability is there.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I tried bluex and bluetooth file transfer and neither one worked.  The user's guide state that only contacts can be sent via bluetooth, so I'm not sure why it can connect to a printer.  I'm still disappointed.

Highlighted
Journeyman

http://ars.samsung.com/customer/usa/jsp/faqs/faqs_view.jsp?SITE_ID=22&PG_ID=2&PROD_SUB_ID=557&PROD_I...

Here is a link to Samsung Moment Bluetooth profiles.  It has the BPP profile which is for printing.   Basic Printing Profile allows devices to send texts, vcards,emails and "other" items to printers.

It does not have BIP.  Basic Imaging Profile allows images to be sent between devices.

I believe that this means that you wont be able to print pictures from your phone.  Now If they update the bluetooth profiles to include BIP or an app brings that profile you will be able to do images.

After some reading, it appears that Android does not support photo print over bluetooth.  However the Bluex does seem to be an app that does.

Message was edited by: dayvedayve

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat