cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I download pictures from my Samsung Moment to my computer

Journeyman

This question may have been posed and answered already, but . . .

Would someone be kind enough to to tell me if/how I can download pictures from my Samsung Moment phone to my computer without removing the SD card and using the adapter?  There are no instructions for doing so in the manual that came with the phone.

I have a cover on the phone, and I can't imagine prying it off everytime I want to transfer pictures to my computer.

BTW - I tried connecting the phone to the computer using the USB adapter, but all it did was start charging the phone's battery. 

The phone doesn't appear in My Computer either.

Thanks!

Message was edited by: SamsungMoment

6 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: How do I download pictures from my Samsung Moment to my computer

To transfer pictures or videos between the SPH-M900 and a PC follow  the steps below:

1. Ensure that a microSD memory card with  content is loaded into the device’s memory card slot
  2. Connect one end of the supported data  cable into the device’s USB port and the other end into an available USB  port on a Windows PC
  3. “USB Connected” will show briefly in the  Notification Bar followed by a USB icon
  4. Tap and hold the Notification Bar and  pull it down by sliding your finger down the screen
  5. Tap on USB Connected > Mount
  6. If prompted on the PC, select “Open  folder to view files using Windows Explorer” from the Removable Disk  pop-up
  7. If not prompted as in step 6, on the PC  open My Computer and select the Removable Disk drive letter that was  assigned to the device

It is now possible to drag and drop (copy & paste) picture and  video files between the device and the PC. It is recommended that  separate folders for different media types be created on the memory card  for better organization.

Journeyman

i am having a similar problem with my Moment, it is connected to my pc through the usb cable but all it is doing is charging the phone. there is no usb symbol in the notification bar and my computer doesnt recognize that any device is connected. advice please

Journeyman

You have to go into your menu where all of your items are and look for "Photo & video places" it should have balloons above it, click on that & goto add a new place: this is where you will input your email address & check the box to allow your PC to receive the pictures. This is also on the Sprint website. You can search the manufacturer & it has the guidebook for this phone. I am using this to transfer my pictures to my PC.

Journeyman

This is exactly what I was looking for!  It worked great.  Thanks for the advice!!

Journeyman

If it's like most phones, you need your USB cable that came with your phone and plug into phone (same place you would charge your phone) and computer. go to tools and then to mass storage.  hit connect to PC...follow instructions from computer after that

Wizard

Moved to the Samsung Moment forum.

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.