cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do we get transfer music from the Instinct to the Moment?

Highlighted
Journeyman

How do we get transfer music from the Instinct to the Moment?

I have purchased the Samsung Moment last week - I was told that I could transfer my music that I had on the Instinct over to the Moment but somehow NO ONE seems to know how - does anyone out there know how to do that?

Message was edited by: Simon329

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Master

Re: How do we get transfer music from the Instinct to the Moment?

Plug your Instinct into your PC using USB, Transfer the songs, Then plug your Moment into your PC using usb and transfer them onto it.

Are they songs you bought from Sprint? If so, Go to digital Lounge and see if you can redownload them.

Highlighted
Journeyman

My music was stored on the MicroSD card. I just popped it out of my Instinct and popped it into my Moment. Everything works

Highlighted
Master

Yea, I thought thay may be an option, I wasn't sure if the folder structure would be the same on both devices.

Hunter, Did you also have Pics, Videos on the card? Was the Moment able to find those?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yeah, it found them. They are in different folders, but they did show up in the gallery. The only thing I noticed was the lack of audio on a quick clip I recorded on my Instinct. It plays on my Moment, but there's no audio.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I did try that but somehow the digital lounge - doesn't show all the music I've purchased.  So, I can't re-download to the new phone.  And it's now referencing to go to the android market.

I just can't understand why I would want to repurchase music that I should still have rights to.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've also popped in the SD card that I had in my instinct into my moment phone and that didn't work either.  I've even had did a transfer from one SD card to the other card.  Still didn't work.  When I went to the Sprint store to ask for their assitance  - my music is on the moment's SD card but apparently it's .wma file format instead of .mp3 files and will not read by the moment.  But like I said, this music was bought from the Sprint store so it should work.  Don't ya think?!?!?

Highlighted
Master

Simon, The songs purchased from Sprint's Digital Lounge are proprietary KOZ format from Groove Mobile, .koz format and will not work on the moment, Or most other phones. They will only work on some phones that have access to the Digital Lounge. Sprint used to let you download one copy to your PC but I don't think they do that any more. You can call and speak with them and see if you can get some type of credit since you can no longer use the songs you purchased. In the future when you purchase songs make sure the source is selling Non-DRM protected songs. Itunes/Amazon etc..

If like you say the songs are .wma format look for a .wma to .mp3 converter and convert them and see if they will work.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ion, back when Sprint did allow you to download to the PC, I did do the download but like I've mentioned earlier, it saved it as a .wma format instead of .mp3 format so now I can transfer it over.  And you are right, they do not allow that option anymore.

So, I guess the next question is how do I get one of those converter so I can convert it over from .wma to mp3 format.

Just want to say, before I forget - thank you to everyone who is offering advice.  It's really appreciated.

Highlighted
Master

http://download.cnet.com/Free-Mp3-Wma-Converter/3000-2140_4-10442362.html

Here is one, There are many available for free, If you don't like this one google for one. My favorite place to find free software is cnet, http://download.cnet.com/windows/

Highlighted
Journeyman

Oh....Yeah, I forgot about the special Instinct downloader. I purchased one song from the Sprint music store and bailed out of that once I realized it was DRM. All of mine was either ripped from CD or purchased through AmazonMP3

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat