ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Wireless backup Compatible with Moment?

Journeyman

Is Wireless backup Compatible with Moment?

So I was at work today and I had a customer  call and say she purchased a Moment and had wireless backup on her account on her  previous phone ( Instinct ) her problem was her contacts would not download from the server . Can a Sprint Care Rep or Admin confirm weather or not wirless backup is compatible with this phone .

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

Re: Is Wireless backup Compatible with Moment?

I am not a Sprint rep or admin but I can confirm that wireless backup is not compatible with the Moment. I had wireless backup on my previous phone and after upgrading I too tried using it to download my contacts to the Moment. I went to the Digital Lounge on MySprint online and looked at the list of applications that I owned. When I click on Wireless Backup it said at the top of the page that this app was no longer compatible with my device and that it would expire on my next billing date.

I was able to log into Wireless Backup on the computer and export my contacts to an Outlook CSV file. I then imported those contacts into my GMail account online and the contacts were automatically synced to my Moment. Managing the contacts on the phone is a whole lot easier with GMail than it ever was with Wireless Backup. And the best part is you don't have to pay the $2.00 a month anymore.  Everything is synced automatically. Even pictures you attach to contacts on your phone will sync to GMail and display online when you view them in your contacts.

Master

Re: Is Wireless backup Compatibwith le with Moment?

With the Instinct it uses "Mobile Sync" not Sprints "Wireless Backup", They are to totally different animals. As far as I know mobile sync is only compatible with the Instinct. Once the Instinct is deactivated you lose access to it. But if by chance they can still access it from their online account they could export their contacts in a .csv file they could import to outlook or google.

Journeyman

I recently purchased a Blackberry and am trying to export the csv file from Sprints wireless backup website. I receive a confirmation that the file downloaded successfully, but I cant find where the csv file was downloaded too. It doesnt give me the option to chose where to save it. Already ran a search on my pc and cant encounter any csv files? Any idea whers its placed during exporting?

Journeyman

If its just her contacts she wants to back up, she can set up a gmail account and all of her contacts will automatically sync to that account. If you lose them on your Moment, they will sync back to the phone automatically. I already had that happen with the CL14 update as it wiped out my and my wife's contact lists. I have a gmail account and she did not. My contacts synced back to the phone and her's did not. She has a gmail account now.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat