cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to import notification tones?

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Is it possible to import notification tones?

Ok, changing out ring tones is no trouble at all. However all the preset notifictions are not very subtle. I have a few very short mp3s I created that I would like to use as notification tones. However there doesn't seem to be an easy way to import them into the list.

Anyone out there succesfully add new notification tones?

Message was edited by: edzilla

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Wizard

Make a folder for "notifications", "alarms" and "ringers" on your SD card when you have it mounted to a computer.  Then put said .mp3 ringers in that folder.  Then unmount the phone from the computer and they will show up in the notifications list or alarm list or ringer list.  Simple as that.  I just dupe all my alarms and notifications in each folder because sometimes one app will call for one or the other and I am never sure which.

Comment: I am assuming that this works for the Moment as it does for the Hero and all other Android phones.

Message was edited by: mmark27

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Wizard

Make a folder for "notifications", "alarms" and "ringers" on your SD card when you have it mounted to a computer.  Then put said .mp3 ringers in that folder.  Then unmount the phone from the computer and they will show up in the notifications list or alarm list or ringer list.  Simple as that.  I just dupe all my alarms and notifications in each folder because sometimes one app will call for one or the other and I am never sure which.

Comment: I am assuming that this works for the Moment as it does for the Hero and all other Android phones.

Message was edited by: mmark27

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Journeyman

Brilliant!  It works, thanks for your help.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Dude you win!!! I had someone ask me this and I was like.....................................................?

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat